You can type here any text you want

76 Trans Am; 23k original miles; black on black

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dhauser

The end is fear
If you're looking for a mint, unmolested correct original low mileage Trans Am, this is the car.

* Correct code 19/19 starlight black on black Trans Am
* 23,500 original miles
* Matching #s engine, trans, and rear
* PS, PDB, AC, rear defrost, AM/FM stereo with working 8 track player and 3 speakers
* All original sheetmetal, and about 90% original paint in OUTSTANDING condition
* Honeycombs, new 245/60/15 BFGs, with gold 5oth anniversary accents (wheels, grilles, headlight bezels)
* Brand new 50th anniversary decals still in the tube (except for hood bird) and emblems.
* Brand new custom embroidered Trans Am Ca. Car cover ($200)
* Brand new Trans Am embroidered floor mats for all 4 seating areas, plus original GM mats in mint condition
* Complete original buildsheet, PHS docs, and manuals

This is easily one of the nicest original unmolested Trans Ams I've ever seen. Mechanically, it still has its original GM belts and hoses, hoseclamps, and the original plug wires come with the car. It runs and drives absolutely flawlessly in every way, with no issues, no stories, no excuses. All gauges work, every outside light bulb lights, and the doors and hinges are the best I've ever seen. You can literally close either door with a push of your pinky.

Body is arrow straight. Paint is mostly original, with the bumpers and spats having been resprayed at one time. Took it to a hot rod shop to have them look at it, and they agreed most of the paint is original and in outstanding condition for factory original. Original bird still on hood and looks great, but has slight crazing (as they all do eventually). All body panels are excellent; spoilers line up perfect on trunk. Hard top car, so no rattling, leaking, ill-fitting tops to worry about.

Interior is simply as new. Just amazingly fresh and showroom new.

This is an investment quality car in every way. Does everything well. AC needs a recharge, but does work. Will have pics very soon. Price = $25k. Better jump on this one, because it won't be around long.

I'm confident you won't find a nicer 76 anywhere, especially one so original, unmolested, and mechanically perfect.

please post pics!! :biggrin:

I'm not in the market, but I'd really like to see this beauty!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

'76 was the last year of the 455 SD, right?

I'd like to see pics too. Had a '77 400 Bandit Edition TA before the movie came out.

'76 was last year for 455 motor but wasn't the SD as those were 73 and 74. 455 rated at 200HP I think in '76.

The motor is the original 400. 455 only offered 15 more hp.

Pics coming soon.

Here are some pics. Because of woefully inadequate space limitations, I had to choose pics that meet the 92k max......

Attachments

• whole24.JPG
    whole24.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 225
  • whole22.JPG
    whole22.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 226
  • whole20.JPG
    whole20.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 211
  • int1.JPG
    int1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 212
  • passdr7.jpg
    passdr7.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 212
WOOOOWWWWW!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!

I'm don't know much about old T/A prices, but that sure looks like it worth every penny of your $25k asking price to me!!!!!

Rob

Thanks, Rob. This car is just incredible. Someone is going to get a helluva good car and investment.

Just over 1 day left. This is a great investment vehicle, as well as one that can be driven anywhere. 2nd gen TAs have shown tremendous gains in value over the past 3 years.

Back