You can type here any text you want

78 Lesabre Turbo Sport Coupe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brad Zeidler

I'm thinking of selling it, the description is in my sig. I bought it in Nov 97 from original owner. Extremely clean, and as it says i converted it to the 85 SFI setup. Still the original short block, 8445 heads were mildly ported and cleaned up, flowed to match. 71K miles, 200 4R, 3.73 posi. Silver/matching silver landau roof, red interior, am/fm cassette/w factory CB. manual windows and seats. $8,500 firm I'll get some pics up later. Any questions feel free to call me 612-708-8015

i'll try some pics. ........ Nope I can't figure out how to downsize the memory of the pictures. Can I email them to somebody and have you stick them up here for me? I'd appreciate the help.

Right click the pics, select properties, highlight the location, click copy, then come here, click on the picture icon, it will say "http//" but just hit backspace and delete that, then right click paste, and "ok", it will insert an image link to display the pics....like this....

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

BTW is that some sort of CB radio on the dash by the AM/FM/cassette player?

Oh wow, how do you squelch the CB? Can you get any more close up pics of it? I've always wondered how they worked.

many cars in the late 70's had citizen band as an option,popular at the time from smokey and the bandit and also the trucker craze they went tru.

BRAD,

That is a neat car. I've never seen a Skylark T-Type in person. I did own an 84 Skyhawk T-Type, fun car to drive with the 2.0 4 cyl and a 5spd. Of course it doesn't compare to the supercharged cars of today. I have a friend who has 3 86 Century T-Types.
Good luck with the sale or trade.

I'd like to find one and graft in the rear suspension from an all wheel drive Pont. 6000 STE, then install a supercharged 3800 with a Getrag 5 speed from one of the Lumina Z34's. I haven't quite figured out how to install the torque splitter to drive the driveshaft to the rear suspension yet, but I've been looking at the ones used on the AWD Chrysler minivans as a possibility. The rear suspension(frame) of the xbody and the a body are very similar, so putting the rear suspension underneath would be fairly easy(well that is compared to me using it on my 87 Shelby Charger). Just think, what that Skylark would be like with a mildly warmed up SC3800,5 speed,AWD. I think it would be a WRX killer.

a close friend of mine Pro Streeted an Chevy Citation X-11, which is basically the exact same car. I found a 6000 STE in a junk yard 6-7 years ago, I just bought the badges and rear spoiler. Tom Chou who owns Thrasher was going to install the AWD setup in one of his Century T-Types, east to do, since it's a bolt in, plus the 3800 was standard, so the L67 swap would be simple.
Your plan sounds great, the 5spd sounds the most fun. Good luck on that.

Also, did you see the LeSabre Turbo on eBay in Canada? It's at a junk yard, I wanted the blue steering wheel, but with no horn button, I figure it's going to be hard to find.

I've got a spare grey horn button I'm not using somewhere. Let me see if I can find it, if your interested.

refreshed pics

Attachments

• IMG_3751-1.jpg
    IMG_3751-1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,603
  • IMG_3754-1.jpg
    IMG_3754-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMG_3755-1.jpg
    IMG_3755-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,586
I thought I'd bring it back. Still for sale. $7,000. Also possible partial trade for some parts for the Omega. It needs a drivers rear fender flare and the front fender. They can probably be reconstructed, but it's gonna take a lot of work to do that. I took the fender(it's made of plastic like the Fiero) to a body shop for an estimate and they estimated almost 600 just to repair the fender.

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Image008#1.jpg
    Image008#1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,468
Back