You can type here any text you want

79 Turbo Coupe, how much should I pay?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Almost forgot to post this here also :rolleyes:

While at a local car show today, I see a 79 Century Turbo Coupe come rolling out of the dealership's storage garage! Seems the owner's had this thing for quite some time. I managed to talk to one of the original owners and he verified the mileage (33,000) is valid.
Car still has it's orignal tires, everything. Original window sticker, etc, etc.

Original paint, kind of a maroonish color (Rosewood sort of) (faded) needs repainting.
Perfect redish/maroon interior.

Car has NO rust, just a faded paint job.

Car runs perfect. Obviously not as powerful as ours.

Any ideas?

It's True that it is not as fast as the 84-87's, but how much would you spent on a low mileage daily driver???
Want other opions are on the car????

I would guess around$3500, if the A/C works, but that is JMO
HTH
Jim

Oh..I spent $4000 on my 83T with 55k miles and loaded with opions

Thanks Ttype83. The car has very few options other than A/C, and I'm not sure about it. I assume it works, as I was told the car runs perfect. Haven't tried it yet.

Sure aren't many replies to this inquiry :confused:

That shows how uncommon these cars are. :)

Have you meet Starc Traxler in Wisconsin yet? He has several Century Turbo Coupes. Also Jeff Rufenacht has a '78 LeSabre Sport Coupe, so you wouldn't be alone with a Carb/Turbo ;) . They are great guys and I'm hoping both will be at the BCA's Heartland Regional meet in Rockford, IL in a couple of weekends. I will try to make it there with one of my cars.

Collectible Automobile did an article a last year. Here's how they value the car.
Restorable $1500-3000
Good $3000-5000
Excellent $5000-7000.

Fred Carrado has shown us that a '79 set up can run in the 13's. The rest of use are trying to catch up with him. :D

Here's the Lounge thread on this:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49620

Well, Dave, what's the seller asking for it? I'll leave it at that.

Back