You can type here any text you want

81 Regal Indianapolis 500 Pace Car FS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spool'n Fool

On the way to work this a.m., I saw an 81 (65th anniversary) Regal Indy Pace car for sale. $15K.

Looks nice. Gray with orange graphics. In Stuart, Fl. Doesn't have a Turbo hood, so not sure what's under there.

Let me know if interested in having me get the tel #

Was one on ebay a few weeks back with very low miles but needing a total resto... Went for $2500 or so. I remember those really well as the initial magazine coverage of them highlighted the color combo and I thought it was pretty cool. They had a 4.1 NA V6 in them. The actual pace car was twin turbo with a targa roof, normal people got the cosmetic package. Still, quite a rare car - I almost bid on the resto one as that was the car that got me into the Regal state of mind...wife vetoed as I had a couple Regals littering the yard at the time - now just the one...

I talked to the owner. He is the original owner with all supporting paperwork. The car has 53K miles and is #35 of 100. It has the 3.8, but no Turbo (he was bummed since he expected it with the turbo). Always been garaged. :rolleyes:

Back