You can type here any text you want

82/83 carbed turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
Hello all,I have been desperatly seeking the a/c pump brackets (the ones that mount directly to the a/c pump then the pump mounts to the bracket connected to the engine)I cant find them anywhere.I was wondering if anyone had time to actually trace them out on a peice of paper and send it to me so i can make them out of stock steel material.The trace out will give me an ideal of what i have to make.Ill hook u up also for trying to help me out.Thanks so much

It's been almost two years since I went there and I could never find anything on this subject. I have the brackets mounted but I am still not sure if it's properly configured. (Mine is a conversion as you are attempting to achieve).

I've seen the later A/C configuration for turbos on pics and the earlier ones and they both attach differantly. But really I've never even seen the N/A ones either. I know how N/A's are configured since I've worked on them for almost twenty years now. But the turbo ones....:confused:

I got tired of the gas problem a few months ago and stored my Regal, (18 MPG for a daily driver is crazy since my Saturn gets an outstanding 33 MPG). I ripped the A/C bracket configuration and I will take my time to put it back together again in March. Afterwards it will only be a Sunday driver. (When LPG or ethanol is easily obtainable she will go back to full time use).

I too will have to fabricate some parts to get the A/C system to bolt up correctly. I think I am missing one small bracket that holds the bottom half of the A/C to the main bracket. I've seen this on pics but I can't make it out clearly. I wish you good luck on this! If anyone else shines in on this subject it's good info to share.

Attachments

• 1980 Turbo.jpg
    1980 Turbo.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 1981 Turbo.jpg
    1981 Turbo.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 169
Im pretty sure i have the bracket since when i bought my 82 the guy tore everything apart and throw it in a box can you get a picture of this braket and i could do it for you

i gota picture of the bracket i think it is but one proplem its connected to the ac pump and its in two pieaces i only know where one pieace is i gota pic i just dont now how to upload it on here can some one tell me how and ill post it

The 81 turbo picture above has the front and back brackets i need.A trace out of the front and back one will be a blessing in the sky.82grandBeast trace it out on paper and send the paper to me u only have the front that is fine i can make the front and back ones with the front bracket traceout

the one on the ac is broken in two pieace i tried to get a pic up but it wont let do it ill see if i can try again

Wrong bracket this is the one im looking for. There is one on the front and one mounted in back
Turbo fixed.JPG

alright this bracket is mounted on the front of the ac pump

Attachments

• ac pump 3.jpg
    ac pump 3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 132
Sorry to say that particular unit is off a later model engine unfortunatly it will not work. thanks for trying to help me out thou apreciate it

the one on the ac is broken in two pieace i tried to get a pic up but it wont let do it ill see if i can try again

The broken bracket on your pics look like the N/A bracket. I once had that happen to me. Stress cracks and age. The turbo A/C bracket is not made of cast aluminum like the N/A ones. :frown:

The broken bracket on your pics look like the N/A bracket. I once had that happen to me. Stress cracks and age. The turbo A/C bracket is not made of cast aluminum like the N/A ones. :frown:

freddies buick, do u have the brackets i need ,if so could u make a quick trace out of them on paper send the traceouts to me in the mail.If i get a traceout of both ill make them from steel stock

Theres a problem the printed paper is a different size.It is too small i tryed everything to get it right but i dont understand why it isnt printing exacty like youre pic????can u just mail the image to me in the mail so i can have an exact replica

Theres a problem the printed paper is a different size.It is too small i tryed everything to get it right but i dont understand why it isnt printing exacty like youre pic????can u just mail the image to me in the mail so i can have an exact replica
My bad My bad
tryed the cut out up against the pump and they are perfect:biggrin: Thanks for coming thru if there is anything i owe let me know

The key to getting the pump belt around the all the pulleys is the double alternator pulley that is my next mission.

The 84-85 hot air cars used aluminum brackets and got rid of the AIR pump so you could convert to that if you want. That's what I'm planning on.

Back