You can type here any text you want

'82 TR Parts Car in Montana junkyard

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 7:50 PM
To: Tom Lorke; Kenneth Zink; Greg Adams; George Rich
Subject: 81-83 Buick turbo cars.

My name is John Pettengill

I got you e-mail addresses from Gnttype.org web site.
I own a 1987 Buick GN and WANT TO CONTACT OWNERS OF BUICK TURBO CARS from the 1981- 83

In looking for parts for my car.

I have run across a 1982 Buick Sport Coupe with a turbocharged 3.8 ci engine. The car is virtually complete. The engine trans & drive shaft are removed, but remain with the car.
Condition of the engine is unknown because it is disassembled & in the trunk.
I hate to see this car get crushed when there may be some people out there that may need some of the parts.
The car has the removable glass tops. 14" alloy wheels & virtually all the parts.
Thus my contacting you.
If you are in need of missing parts. Contact me & I will see if they are still available.

I do not own the car. It is in a salvage yard & will be crushed in the near future. In Montana, Buick GN & high performance Buick cars are seldom seen & the yards owner doesn't look at the vehicle as anything special.
I am making this attempt, contacting you because I know how hard it is to find some GN parts for my 87. I can't imagine how hard it is for collecting parts for a 1982 turbo Buick.

Pass the word if you know of anyone who can use parts from this car. John Pettengill

If it is a canadian car I want the speedo. The T-Tops I wouldn't mind also but can't really afford them right now. Also what do they want for the turbo? I am interested in trying to rebuild one myself.

Hey Pat, If he doesn't have the Canadian speedo I have one that doesn't have the trip odometer I might sell to you. I was kind of saving it for something special but its just sitting in box and it doesn't look like I ever get to use it. I know what I'd like to have for it but how badly do you need it and what would you pay? Thanks Eric Fisher. turbofish38@hotmail.com

Well, it wouldn't be fair for me to set my price not knowing what you want for it. As for the trip odometer I am not really worried about, mine doesn't really work anyway. Is the special project making a 140mph speedo for our cars? That is what I am trying to do. It isn't needed real bad but would like to pursue the project. E-mail me or PM me as to what you are looking to get for it. Thanks.

Sorry I made it sound like I wanted a lot of money for it. Yes thats what I was going to do with it. Every car I have with the 85 MPH I do this to. Usually they are new enough that I can buy a new speedo to work with. One day when I was junkyard shopping I found this in a 81 Century. It was in Nebraska of all places. I was going to put it in my 82 455 car but than I also have a couple of the 83 Riviera pace car 140MPH speedos and I am thinking of updating to the 84 and newer dash. The best conversion I did was on an 85 Monte SS. I was able to buy a European 200KPH and had the local speedo repair switch the internal gears over to MPH. Anyway I'll take $40.00 and pay for the S&H. Thanks Eric

You pay the shipping and handling or do I? Anyway e-mail or PM me you address to send the money order to. Thanx.

No, I will pay the shipping. Send to Eric Fisher P.O.Box 390601 Deltona FL 32739. Thanks.

Back