You can type here any text you want

'83 REgal wagon, sweeter deal, now a hybrid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CliffyC

Have decided to sell my complete hybrid project. Some of you may have seen my ‘83 Regal wagon on the board a couple of weeks ago. Thought I’d sweeten the deal and put the whole thing together as a package. Here’s all you would get:

1983 Regal wagon driver, (only made 2 years ‘82 & ‘83)
Has new paint (Maaco), new front upholstery, new headliner
Your choice complete set of 15” Buick rallies or set of ‘87 GN wheels
Car currently has an ‘87 Mr. Goodwrench “109 block” replacement motor
Car runs an drives very good

Complete 1986 turbo motor including stock turbo and intercooler
Motor is all there from flywheel to fan and plenum to pan w/starter
Including all sensors and brackets

200-4R transmission w/converter
Converter is aftermarket
Trans also has aftermarket cast aluminum pan

Have bumped the original post for the car alone which has a few more details. Should be just below this one.

I got the motor and transmission from a salvage company that unfortunately knew very little about it. Wasn’t even sure it was an ‘86 or ‘87. Said it came from a totaled GN driven by an older man (in his 70’s) and thought it had about 120K on it. Was running fine before the accident. Motor does not appear as it’s ever been opened up. It turns over freely by hand and the spark plugs looked good - no carbon or oil buildup. Oil was right up to the top before I drained it, was a little dark but looked normal with no particles or silvery look. Non-stock items include chrome turbo cover and intake pipe, adjustable waist gate, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. They cut off all the wiring at the firewall so all of the connectors are included but not the complete harness.

The transmission had the “BR F” tag on the tailshaft removed - don’t know why it was removed - but appears to be a rebuild. I pulled the pan and it has the correct throttle body and governor so I assume it is the original or possibly came from another car and upgraded to GN specs. Don’t know what the converter is but it doesn’t say D-5 anywhere on it.

At this point I’d like to sell the whole sha-bang as a package. That’s how someone who wanted to do the hybrid, or whatever, would get the best deal. If that doesn’t happen then I’ll consider separating it all - but not in little pieces. I’ll attach a couple pictures here but you can see a lot more in the Photobucket link.

Total price for everything listed above - $2,500.

hybrid project pictures by 87gn3c - Photobucket

Attachments

• HPIM0562.JPG
    HPIM0562.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 349
  • HPIM0540.JPG
    HPIM0540.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 423
I'm interested, but do not need the other stuff, I just want a nice wagon driver that is a Buick, send me your phone number so we can talk, also can you meet me part way so I do not have to make the trip all the way to Portland, shop number is 208-365-3653, home is 365-0777, thanks.

Ron

I'm interested, but do not need the other stuff, I just want a nice wagon driver that is a Buick, send me your phone number so we can talk, also can you meet me part way so I do not have to make the trip all the way to Portland, shop number is 208-365-3653, home is 365-0777, thanks.

Ron
Can you give me a call about the motor and trans with ecu... I would like to know how much your looking for this setup and are you willing to ship engine.. If you provide me with your location in Portland I can start getting quotes. My number is 331 551 0241 I live outside of chicago thanks my name is gerald

Motor & trans

I live in a suburb, Tigard, area code 97223. If you mean ECM (engine control modual) not ecu, that wasn't included in the original ad, but I think I have an extra one I can through in.

Back