83 T-type mods question

buick83-T

83' T-type
Finishing up my 83 T-type had few questions. When using the 86-87 aluminum valve covers flipped on drawthru setup to fit...what breather has been used on driver side(breather area is tight at firewall on driver side cover). And do you use a cap on passenger side with oil fill being under downpipe?

Also does anyone have details/pics of how they secured the ramcharger fans to f-body radiator using the 86-87 mounting top plate? I have already removed the ears on fan shroud mentioned in other post. Just haven't seen a good pic of fans secured to plate. Thanks

I don't think using aluminum valve covers as as easy as taking 86/87 covers and flipping them. The passenger side cover is angled in the back to clear the HVAC box. Easiest solution there is a 84/85 valve covers with no holes. Or an 86/87 cover would would if you plugged the breather hole. For the driver's side, I have a another no-hole cover off a FWD drive engine. I've looking at this to see if I can weld it to the cover in the same place as the stock oil fill. http://www.joesracing.com/i-21091023-valve-cover-breather-kit-aluminum.html

I think the fan I have is the "ramchargers" fan. I used small turnbuckles to secure it to a 86/87 radiator top. One of my fans died, but it keeps plenty cool with just one (on low speed).
20160420_062950.jpg

99b2a3bcd7ab51fadf9c5a49cd611a84.jpg

Use the draw tights you get at any parts store .sandwich it to the radiator using a lil peace of hose so the fan don't rub a hole.

0920162109.jpg
0920162109a.jpg
Just thought id post a pic of route i had went on this using mounting tabs cut from fans. Cleaned them up and riveted to shoud. Lined them up with radiator mounting bracket holes.

Anyone know how far the stock mechanical fuel pump will take you before it needs upgrading?
The stock mech fuel pump will work until you are tired of the draw through turbo setup, it's low pressure design has quite a bit of volume for a q -jet carb. Rich's 84-5 suggestion is good for aluminum covers, no holes on the pass side oil fill on drivers.
I flipped the stock steel ones on my old draw through like you thought.

1122161909a.jpg
Thanks for the response guys. I currently have the valve covers flipped with a off the shelf flat cap on passenger side underneath downpipe. The driver has the mini breather on back side at firewall..its tight fit. Just got the motor broke in this past weekend. It has been a very slow process on this car but getting there finally.