83lb injectors on a stock computer?

Tim Barnum

My car has a stage 2 motor with stage 2 heads and i run a stock computer with 50 lb injectors, But the egt goes off the scale at 15lb boost and at 40 mph on the street the egt rides at 1300 with no boost. I was wanting to go to 83lb injectors and keep the stock computer for now. What do i need to do? And will a new walboro 340 with the stock fuel lines keep up with the injectors. I want to run low 10s

Tim, I ran the stock cumputer with a Yaklin chip for awhile with my stagell and 83's. I never did get it to run right. Some days it worked some it did'nt. When I got a DFI it was night & day.I did run a best of 10.56@133 in Vegas with the stock cumputer. So it can be done.

Does anybody know where i can get a chip for 83 lb injestors fast like before the buick /ford shootout this saturday?

Originally posted by Tim Barnum
Does anybody know where i can get a chip for 83 lb injestors fast like before the buick /ford shootout this saturday?

Tim, you'll need to have your computer modified for low impedance injectors (anything bigger than 50s). Red Armstrong, Ramchargers, and others do this mod but you won't get one before Saturday.

As far as chips for 83s, try Neal Steward aka Brutal Six Racing. He's run as big as 96s with the stock computer with excellent results.

http://members.aol.com/skooby66/neal.htm

HTH,

I found out why the car is over boosting. I removed the waste gate from the flange on the headers and drove the car with an open hole in the header where the waste gate sat and it still went to 15lb boost on the street. I need to reposition the waste gate on the headers. The hole is a 1.75" opening. Thanks Tim