You can type here any text you want

'84-442 exhaust tailpipes...will they fit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
It's a G-Body...it's an Olds....It's a 442 !:eek:

Will the Duel tailpipes fit on my '81 Regal?:confused:
Does anybody know if Arvin exhaust makes them in 2 1/2"?
(Walker makes them 2 1/4").

The Regal and Cutlass have the same frame, so they will work. I even think that Turbo Regals and 442s used the same exact exhaust systems. Both exit to the side, behind the wheels. The Monte SS is the same excpet the pipes went back to the bumper.

Here's the deal fellas,

(Thanks Rich I suspected that). From what I've gathered the turbo Regals don't have a similer duel exhaust system as do the Monte SS , 442 . By that I mean from OEM. The after-markets fit just as well on all three and are similer to the Monte SS, 442 OEM set up.

The exact OEM style duel exhaust systems sold for the turbo Regal are made by Walker and Flowmaster. It is very differant from the after-market set-ups, (Kenne-Bell....Hooker).

The after-markets are much better then the OEM but are only sold as kits and not as individual parts which totally sucks.

All I'm interested in is in the after-market stye were the tailpipes go over the rear end and exit out from the rear tires. (OEM GN's do not go over the rear end at all, they exit from one single muffler at both ends).

Walker sells the 442, tail pipes that go over the rear end and exit out the rear tires but only at 2-1/4". (I'm still looking for 2-1/2").

The sucky rip-off kit from KB goes for $474.00 not including shipping. The Hooker set-up goes for $286.00 not incuding shipping.

The anticipated cost for my system is $130.00. Forget mandrel bending and custom made pipes. I like doing my own work most of the time anyway.

I am trying to build a true duel exhaust system out from the headers straight into twin mufflers and exiting using the 442 tailpipes. (*The drivers side crossmember will be notched).

My only concern is in how will my N/A V-6 handle this additional free flow. Will this be overkill? :confused:

Back