You can type here any text you want

84 sputtering

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

martinGN

I was on the highway and the car started too sputter when I would give it gas so I pulled over the car was still running check temp everthing was good killed it and it started with no problem when I tried to take off everthing was still fine until I floored it it started to sputter pulled over again my cousin said it might be the cat so I beat it and you could hear somthing loose so this morning I was going to take it too the muffler shop to get the cat cut off and it wouldnt start so I pulled it over there got it cut off still wouldn't start put new plugs and after a lot of cranking it finally started now It sputters if I try to floor it in park I can give it a lot of gas but in gear in sputters and really no power now???????

I did alot of reading last night and thats what it sounded like so I just decided to take it to a shop oh and another thing thay it started to do today was smoke alot white smoke

Maybe do a compression test and check for oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil or see if its burning coolant

Thats what im afraid of it being the head gasket I just bought the car but hopefully the shop I took it too lets me know soon

Got the call from the shop and the guy said it brought up like five codes so they cleard them and ran it and it brought up a couple of more codes the guy said he thinks its the computer?????

Not to sure about that one maybe some one else on the board will know better but I have never seen a car put out codes when the comp is gone and the white smoke you spoke of I wouldn't think the comp would be causing it either sounds more mechanical to me ie gasket or sensor but I could be wrong maybe there is some one on here that has had this happen?

I did more reading last last and theres alot of things it could egr, maf,tbi,temp sensor,o2, I lost??????

Well what you described sounded exactly like what my maf did but white smoke don't sound like a sensor any codes?

Throttle sensor is what the guy said but he wants to just replace the ecm to eliminate that and go from there so we ordered it

The car came with a oil leak when I bought it and the guy I got it from said it was a valve cover gasket but when was putting in the last spark plug on the pass side it looked more turbo than the valve cover but not sure and my mechanic hasnt got around to check that yet???????

You have to be careful who you take this car to now a days since not many mechanics know how to repair let alone diagnose problems with these cars. Your better off finding a member that might be local to you that might be able to help.

I dont think theres any one local around me I that could help me like I said I just got the car I had it for 3Weeks and the its been at the shop for 2Weeks dammm I miss it!!!!!

Back