You can type here any text you want

84 T-Type for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mweber

1984 T-Type burgundy w/burgundy interior. Bench seat with column shift. 104,000 miles on the body and it does have rust, see pictures. Engine has less than 10,000 miles on rebuild.

Engine:
87 turbo with intake adapter welded to it, turbo came off of my GN at 50K miles.
Standard bore honed, new rings on original pistons
ARP Head bolts, valve job and Comp Cams 971 springs
Crank polished, 0.001” undersize main bearings and rod bearings
Lunati 200/200 cam, new cam bearings and new GM lifters
New front cover with thrust plate and rubber crank seal
87 electric fan, with hi/lo relays and delay relay.
87 ECM and MAF
No leaks and has good oil pressure

Trans:
86 BRF with 70K miles
New hardened start support and Transgo shift kit
0.500 Boost valve and 0.283 low/reverse valve
Stock D5 converter with 50K miles on it.
Nice firm shifts

Interior:
Front seat has some rips in it. (See pictures)
Original steering wheel in good shape (not excellent, has some wear)
Concert sound
Aiwa AM/FM/CD, has component front speakers but needs an amp.
VDO mechanical oil pressure, temperature and boost gauges
Caspers Knock gauge
Stock 8.5” posi rear end
Two year old Yokohama AVID ST 235/60R15 tires
KYB shocks all around
Caspers fuel pump hotwire kit
Fuel pump unknown.
Recent master cylinder and hydro-boost lines.

The BAD:
The driver’s side door is dented in from someone backing into it. Everything still works in the door. The frame rails behind the rear wheels are pretty rusty. The body has surface rust in various areas and holes in others, tried to show in pictures. It needs all bumper fillers and body bushings. The paint is badly faded and cracked on all of the horizontal surfaces. The runs and drives well. It does need to be tuned for best performance. It is currently only running 10 pounds of boost, as it was setup to pass emissions (IM 240), which it did with no problem. The muffler needs to be replaced at some point. I don’t have time to devote to this car, too many cars and too many other projects. Basically selling the car for the driveline. I’m sure I forgot something. Email or PM questions.

Car is located in Mount Prospect, IL. (Near Chicago)

$1800.00

Pictures

Things I forgot.

42lb Ford Motorsport green top injectors
Billet top adjustable FPR
Poly DS motor mount

Thanks,

Mike

Lower Price

Did some tuning this week, burned a new chip, raised the boost some and the car runs strong. It gets rubber going into second.

$1700 or best offer.

email: mjweber_gn@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike

Ok, Thanks. I am heading out west for a Wedding. If you were not far out I would have made the trip. If I had more time I would head up and check it out but I am on a time crunch. Thanks anyway.

$1700 and I will include a set of used rear bumper fillers. Paint is faded but they are still very flexible.

Thanks,

Mike

Back