8445 flow numbers

Justin Terry

I need to know flow numbers from other peoples ported 8445 heads with stock valves. I dont really care for CNC'd numbers but if you have them and they are with stock valves all imformation is apprieciated.

ive got a set that is flowing around 175 cfm @.500 lift on the stock factory valves. setup is 28 hg. on flow bench. i think they are just about as good as i could get w/o a big valve or attempting to do some short side radius changes(adding material)

I've ported a couple of sets of 8445's and run stock valves (back cut), but never flowed them.

Can't flow numbers differ a good bit from machine to machine??

They can but usually if the orffices are good and made good and the bench is calculated regularly they wont differ that much as long as they are flowed at the same pressure differental. There are a couple varaiables but usually they are all pretty close. Im porting a set now and I was just wondering what everybody has been getting outta them.

mine were 186 around 470 lift stock valves on 4" bore fixture on a superflow 600 bench at 28" and we had just took off the calibration plate before flowing mine

there was room to improve still
they are the heads I ran in the 10.40's at over 130

Thanks man.

I have only done one port and its still ruff and not completely finished and it goes 194 at .500. I havent even touched the chamber and there should be about 10 or so cfm in that. Im trying to get alittle over 200 at .500 witch I think is easily doable.

I cant believe more people dont know what there heads flow out of all the people here that say they have ported heads.

Well after getting most of the port done but still not touching the chamber any. On a 3.800 bore @ 28 in. water
Still with stock valves and the venturi being alitte to small mine flow

137 @ 200
170 @ 300
194 @ 400
196 @ 500

They go 205 but the lift they do it at wouldnt be usuable by anyone so im just going to 550.

I have this number on mine

0.100 = 52.2
0.200 = 106.4
0.300 = 154.0
0.400 = 163.5
0.450 = 166.0
0.500 = 169.0

Stock valve in. and ex.
work in bowl only

at 28 " on a home made
pessimistic carburator flow bench

sorry no exhaust number

Originally posted by sweetv6
I have this number on mine

at 28 " on a home made
pessimistic carburator flow bench

sorry no exhaust number

Hrrm, how exactly did you build this. I've been playing with the idea of this, I was thinking say a MAF with a vacuum cleaner in front of it to draw the air through and convert it to a useful form via some sort of ADC or something similar. How's your setup done? Home brewed hardware is always of interest to me, there's a lot of lessons fron an engineering standpoint one can make from it.

I talk to flow bench owner
and he built it from a existant
with 4 vaccum cleaner motor.
He think you can find it in very old hot rod and/or
car craft magazine but not sure. You can
run a search on googles. Sorry no
blue print or receipt available.

Claude