You can type here any text you want

85-87 advice/tips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
image.jpeg
decided to go IC, I know I got my work cut out for me I'm looking for any tips or advice for this conversion

Usually the limiting factor is $$$! However it looks like you are off to a good start if you already own the 87 engine and ecm. You have multiple choices for the I/C, from stock style and location to front mount. Depending on whether or not your elec. fan location will allow it. If the d/p came w/the eng. that would be another plus, if not then you have a choice + a test pipe.. A wiring harness for the eng. bay might come in handy as opposed to splicing pin-outs. That's all I can think of off-hand. There will be others to jump in and fill in the blanks. Good luck w/the project.

Usually the limiting factor is $$$! However it looks like you are off to a good start if you already own the 87 engine and ecm. You have multiple choices for the I/C, from stock style and location to front mount. Depending on whether or not your elec. fan location will allow it. If the d/p came w/the eng. that would be another plus, if not then you have a choice + a test pipe.. A wiring harness for the eng. bay might come in handy as opposed to splicing pin-outs. That's all I can think of off-hand. There will be others to jump in and fill in the blanks. Good luck w/the project.
Thanks, I have the harness and stock IC just missing one of the IC brackets, I think I have to change the cat and the fuel lines not sure if it's just the one with the filter or the whole fuel line system

Back