You can type here any text you want

85 GN resurrection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nodrock85

I'm purchasing an 85 GN. Body is in beautiful shape but the original power plant is long gone. I'd like to bring it back stock (or close to it). It had a Chevy 350 in it that the previous owner removed.
My question, where can I get an 85 non-intercooler v6 and wire harness at? I don't have enough money for a crate engine but have the skills for repairing/building one.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_1621.JPG
    100_1621.JPG
    697 KB · Views: 81
Scratch that idea an hit the forsale section an buy a 86/87 complete motor, trans w/harness,drop that in never look back.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The parts to restore a Hot Air are very hard to come by which makes it difficult. This along coupled with low resale value once you complete the Hot Air makes it even worse. The performance on a Hot Air is poor and very expensive to make them quicker. Make the change now to the 86/87. The cost is very similar. Parts are readily available for the 86/87 and you will be a lot happier in the end. This advice comes from owning an 85 GN for 12 years and having dumped money into it making it faster.

Nice looking car and like these guys have said you're much better off buying a complete engine and trans with the harness and ecm from a 86/87. Unfortunately even with that I see people struggle to sell the 84/85 for a fair price considering the time and money it will cost to convert. If you're doing this to have a nice car it makes since. If you're thinking you can make some money fixing it and selling it you're probably better off selling it as a roller. I have dumped a ton of money into cars over the years and always lost when it comes to selling them. I would check an area of 300 miles around you on Craigslist for a complete setup. Be patient and something will likely pop up. I like this site but people that post here know what they have and what it's worth. On Craigslist they often just want it gone. Of course on Craigslist you never know what you're getting but here people care about their reputation for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back