You can type here any text you want

85 GN timing issue..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazyone

Hey guys I just picked up an 85 GN...car has 75,000 orig. miles LOVE IT! The down side is that the car has no ass. it seems like it wants to go but it doesnt. sitting at a stand still it idles fine, but as soon as anykind of load is put on, it starts to "cough" as it has been described by a buddy of mine. anyway, he hooked up his scan tool to her and it read that the timing advance is at a stand still "0" when the car is at an idle or under load. Im just getting a little frusterated with it now beacuse springs in the air and i want to cruise. any thoughts or input of anykind would greatly be appr.

I would check the fuel pressure. It should be at 43 or so with the vacuum line off and like 38 with the line on. What kind of scan tool did he use? What chip is in the car? When did this lack of power start? Your car is considered a "Hot Air" because it lacks an intercooler from the factory. The hot air section has many members and are more familiar with your setup.

Sounds like it was sold for a reason.

First thing I would do is pull the driver valve cover and check the cam.:eek:

Back