You can type here any text you want

85 GN wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

billygeg

Heres a ? for you guys...Actually 2 questions!
I am a newby at restoring but I am giving it a shot on a 85 Grand National I just bought. When I got the car it had NO alternator. I put a new one in and connected one red wire that leads back to the battery. There was also another red wire that had a round connector on it. I assumed it went to the alternator as well but when I connected it the Volt light on the dash came on and stood on even when the car was completely off. I looked at the wire again and realized it was spliced to a black wire. I assumed it was a ground and connected it as such. When I did the volt light went off and only comes on when I turn the key forward. It seems right too me but want to make sure with u pros out there! The wire comes out of a harness that is located under the coil pack. The second question I have is...There is a wire coming off the coil pack connector that has a green clip on it. Its not connected to anything. Is it supposed to be? Any ideas where I can find electrical diagrams or schematics for this car on the internet?

Thanks!

Back