You can type here any text you want

85 harness on a 87 motor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anarchy

One fast Hot Air
hello fellow TBers. well doing the famous motor swap to from a 85 hot air set up to a 87 IC motor. i do have the computer from a 86/87 in stalled. at the moment. i just want to know will my harness thats currently in there work just fine on my 87 motor. or will i need a new harness.

I think

You need a new harness. Try ttaowner for the parts you need hes a preety honest guy and will get you what you need .. Hope this helps

you talking about james.. i know him... we have spoken in the past... im trying to see 1st if i can use what i got befor i go spending more money...

I see

I think the intercool harness has things you need to make the convert easy .. But to be honest im probley speaking out of turn. Ive never converted one .i left my hot air cars alone .and my x clone was a real gn .but my tuner has told me to do a convert you need a harness ..

got ya.. so im going to need it... well it is what is.. thank god for lenny... a good friend on here.

I'm pretty sure almost all, if not all, plugs are the exact same.

The big difference that you'll run into is how long the wires are and where they are attached. If you like to solder, you could clip all the plugs and make your own harness out of the pigtails, but that will be way more trouble than it is worth. Hope it helps!

thanks alot man.. so i can use mine just gonna have to play the match game. and i have all the time in the world to do. since she probally wont be ready for the road in a while... due to i wanna beef up the 87 motor 1st.

Get a harness

TPS is reversed---crank sensor plug in is different--GET AN 87 HARNESS !!!
I saw one once that they had TRIED to make work--pile of mangled wires. Then if you have problem--good luck!!!
In this case, the Oil Man and I agree. Best of luck.

yea doin a bit of reserch here... and i am going to get a harness with it. cuz mine wont work. so harness is a most deff.

And thats

tps is reversed---crank sensor plug in is different--get an 87 harness !!!
I saw one once that they had tried to make work--pile of mangled wires. Then if you have problem--good luck!!!
In this case, the oil man and i agree. Best of luck.

a rare occurence . I love you lot ... You are my friend ..

lol sounds like you guys no your stuff. im a lil nervous this is my first grand nat. and i know the hot air wont get me no were so thats why i going to go intercooled. i hope i have made the right choice.

lol sounds like you guys no your stuff. im a lil nervous this is my first grand nat. and i know the hot air wont get me no were so thats why i going to go intercooled. i hope i have made the right choice.

Yes - intercooled is the way to go. Another source for a good wiring harness is from Casper's Electronics.

Dont worry

lol sounds like you guys no your stuff. Im a lil nervous this is my first grand nat. And i know the hot air wont get me no were so thats why i going to go intercooled. I hope i have made the right choice.

soon your car wont start or run right at all time just like ours.just kidding .. If you want to go fast and spend less doing it intercooled is king ..

Back