86-87 powermaster or vacuum setup

Lt4-turbo

I am looking for a good used 86-87 powermaster or a complete vacuum setup. The wife has me on a tight budget. Thanks, Jon

Rage,
Thanks for the info. Looks like that is what I need to do. Have you converted to this system or know anyone who has?
Thanks, Jon

I've got it installed.

Stops WAAAY better than the Powermaster. My braking mode went from press the pedal all the way down and cross my fingers to the point where I can actually lock em up (nice to know its possible).

The 3 hard parts of the install - #1 is actually hard, 2 and 3 are just time consuming

#1- changing the pedal. I recommend taking out the drivers seat to do this part, you're going to spend some time on your back under there messing with it, so just take out the seat, don't try to do it without taking out the seat.

#2- getting the vacuum hoses transferred over to the new block since they are kindof close together

#3- bleeding the brakes (if you get a bubble or two)

Once you're changed over, its nice to have confidence in your brakes. Can't wait to do the LS1 brakes too.

jshilli1,
Can you power break and build up any boost?
I don't race my car and don't need to build up a lot of boost but I would like to be able to build 5-7 pounds for a launch. I have a 2800 stall and could build up as much as I needed with the powermaster. If I could build up 5-7# of boost and I could acctually stop I would be very happy. Thanks, Jon