You can type here any text you want

86 GN T-top car F/S

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
1986 Grand National T-top car. It is completely stock. No upgrades. Shows 55,000 miles on the odometer. I believe it to be more like 155,000. T-tops are in excellent shape. Interior is all there, but the seats need to be recovered. Body shows some rust. Would need some attention to the areas of the right rocker panel, left quarter panel and 1 small spot in the spare tire well about the size of a hockey puck.
What the cars is missing...
-Shifter handle
-Transmission cable
-wheel lip moldings
-right front headlight bezel.
The engine starts, runs and drives but has a very distinct lower end knock. I wouldn`t drive it anywhere. Everything else works.
PLEASE READ....Because the prior owner couldn`t afford to do the engine repairs he elected to leave this car at the mechanical shop where it was towed. Along with some other cars , I purchased this one. It DOES NOT have a title. The dirtbag owner decided to not pay the lein on the vehicle off after figuring out he couldn`t afford the repairs. This vehicle is not stolen in any way. I have all info to the lein holder and bank manager. The bank does not want to repo the car. You can pursue the title at your own interest if you purchase the vehicle, I will give all info. If not it will make an excellent parts car. $2,500.00 takes it.
I can e-mail pictures.
Contact me for any info. Time to clean out all my buick stuff, need room.
Thanks

im confused a little,if the mechanic did not do a mechanic lean their is no way the car can be sold,legally..once the mechanic released the car to you,he released any recorse of being able to keep the car(untill he is paid for storage)..i could be wrong,but i would think that if the bank does not recieve the money they want/owed for the car,it could be reported stolen..and even if it is not,if it was parted-out,the bank could then hold you or the person the stripped it out responsible for the balance due on the car..do you know how much is owed on the note to the bank?and if that includes any other fees that they may have put on it(lawyer fees and such)?i think your best bet is to bring that car to the machanic and have him put a lean on it and see then how much the bank will settle for..if we knew how much was owed, it would be alot easier to see the total price it would cost to,legally own this vehicle..

I already had this discussion with the bank, they know the car needs work and they simply do not want the car. They just want their money out of it. I`m not sure how much the lein is, they didn`t tell me and I`m not willing to pay it.For someone who wanted to restore the car, they can pursue the deal with the bank. I figured it was a great parts car. The mechanic never put a lein on it either. It just sat in his yard for a long time.

Back