You can type here any text you want

86GN vs 02/03? Cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Took the GN out last night just to run a few erands, Post Office etc. on the way back to the house I came up on a white Cobra w/paper tags from N. Texas Nissan probably a 02, '03, something like that. not the newest body style.
A young mexican kid driving I ignored him at first just taking off from the light easy got out a ways then looked over and he gives me a rev :) I have a taker here boys! :) hehehehehehehe

We nail it at about the same time going about 30-35mph, I start pulling him ever so slowly I got out about a car length and he shuts it down. I look over at my boost and it's maxed at 16!
hehehehehehehe I then shut it down worried about the PoPo.

We got back side by side and he said nice car I said thanks. He said don't you race at Redline?, I have seen that car out there before I said yes from time to time, he asked what it runs I told him high 7's. I told him I was only running 16lbs of boost, at Redline I run in the 20's. he said his car was stock running 9lbs of boost. He said he has not raced his car at the track, that he was to scared on breaking something. I told him naaaaaw :) to come join us at Redline one night and we would line them up :) At the next light I turned and he went straight.
Mark down another kill!

Nice run, way to teach him about the 3.8 turbo 6. I don't think they made an '02 Cobra, but oh well. Pretty good run again!

Wasn't sure on the year model? previous body style to what there is now, I guess probably an '03.
He had paper tags so he just bought the car, but he did get a good look at my rear tags! "FAST 86" :eek:

Back