You can type here any text you want

87 Cutlass 3.8 Turbo project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cutlassjim

I am selling off a project car that never came to fruition. Car is an 87 Cutlass Supreme 2Dr hardtop that I purchased off E-bay in 01. It has a blue (not ugly maroon) bucket seat interior with center console shifter. Body is in great shape except for a rust hole the size of a fist right next to the plug in the floor where the rear passengers feet would be on the drivers side. Doors are in great shape with barely any rust starting at the bottom lip, no lifting of the sheet metal at all, every other panel is mint.

I have to start by saying this car is completely torn apart. I did everything the right way and did a complete frame-off resto/build up. Frame was sandblasted and painted AND POR-15'd after some of the body mount holes were cut out and new sheetmetal was welded in.

I have a complete 87 Grand National drivetrain that I purchased the same time as the car in New Jersey. The motor is also completely apart wrapped in plastic bags with LOTS of fogging oil.

I would like to sell the whole thing as a package but I know that's a long shot so I will see if there is enough interest in the individual parts. I don't want to be stuck with only half the stuff.

Everything listed is NEW with 0 miles on it. The most it's ever seen is a test-fit on the car. For this reason I am not looking to take a huge hit on this stuff so don't completely lowball me. I will make it so after shipping it's still cheaper that your going to find anywhere but I would rather sit on it for another 5 years than get raped on the price.

The body(cab, door, and trunk) are attached to the frame with Energy suspension body mounts and new factory bolts. Frame is equipped with all new stainless lines from Inline Tube. This includes all brake lines as well as all the fuel lines for a 3.8 turbo motor.

Complete(albiet apart) 87 GN drivetrain. Including intercooler, all sensors , NEW engine harness, ECU, transmission, driveshaft, and 8.5 3.42 posi rear. The rearend was sandblasted but never painted so it has developed some surface rust. The intake/throttle body has been completely cleaned and ported.

New stainless steal valves.

New (Crower?) springs, retainers, and keepers.

New, lifters, rockers, shafts, pushrods. (All clevlite I believe)

New TRW forged pistons, .030 over with plasma moly rings

New RJC 20 bolt block girdle with all ARP studs for mains and oil pan. All the hardware that came with the kit is still in the original packaging. I even have the intructions.

New ARP rod bolts.

Some other small things like plugs, wires, coil, EGR blockoff plate.

Reman'd F-body steering box with adjusted bumpstops.

All new pitman, idler, and tie rods. All PRO-15'd Edelbrock aluminum adjustment sleeves.

RB machine street tubular A-arms in black powdercoat set up to take stock upper ball joints.

B-body spindles sandblasted, retapped and POR-15's with freshly reman'd calipers with nice pads. All new o-rings and guide pins, brake hoses as well.

Matching B-body brake booster and master cylinder, freshly reman'd.

Eibach spring set. Did some finagaling and have F-body Sportline fronts (780ish lbs/in, 2"drop) and G-body Prokit rears.

Front and rear Bilstein shocks with all stainless hardware.

Factory big (1 1/4") front sway bar on all Energy bushings.

Factory rear swaybar

Boxed Upper and Lower rear control arms. Lowers adjustable.

Nitto NT-555 255-45-R17's never been mounted.

Original Gas tank sandblasted and POR-15'd

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure I have some more stuff. This bad boy needs to go to a good home, I just pray there's someone out there that wanted to do exactly this and wants to get a %65 done car.

Thanks for looking.

Jim,

Where in NJ are you...? I would be interested in looking at it. Please give me a call at 732-535-2162... I would have liked to purchase a composite headlight monte/cutlass and do a LC2 swap....

I'm not in New Jersey I'm in Mass. Sorry about the confusion. The whole reason I wanted to do this swap was I saw one already done to an 85 Cutlass. I already had an 87 and prefered the looks and the LC2 is the best engine that easily fits in a G-body so it just seemed right. Plus the sleeper status was what I was really going for.

I have a boat load of pics but I can't post them up due to low post count but I am very serious about selling this car and will be extremely honest and up front about everything if someone that lives far away is interested. I'm not looking to waste anybodies time and just want to see this car go to someone who is going to finish it with the same level of craftsmanship I have tried to put into it so far. This thing is set up to be an animal.

Back from the dead. I still have everything but now I'm moving across country and everything needs to GO! This is a complete part-out and I'm a VERY motivated seller. I still can't post pictures so here is a link to my Photobucket account
Cutlass pictures by Cutlassjim - Photobucket

I will be making a more detailed list of what I have and updating the post accordingly.

Thanks for looking.

Back