You can type here any text you want

87 gn BRAKE FLUID LEAK.. help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

javi05

so i been seeing motor oil which i have come to it being the valve cover gaskets.. i should tackle that this weekend.. but after looking a little closer i noticed brake fluid has been leaking.. brake light has been coming on and off.. i did the car off 12 times brake pedal down to depressurize the system, turn key on and brake light goes off within 5-7 seconds. but i did notice that fluid will come out the top of the resivor cover. and spill out onto the frame etc.. so i thought it was slightly over filled.. took some fluid out last night and it stopped only to see it again today with less fluid in the master cylinder.. and still coming out the top? anyone know whats up? thanks.

Put the rubber gasket on the cover first and not the reservoir. That could be the cause of your leak. More importantly though is to troubleshoot the cause of your brake light going off and on before you lose your power assist . Read this diagnostic thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/powermaster-brakes-diagnostic-information.362564/ Hint, the first post is written in black font that disappears against the new black background. Just highlight the post to read it.

Chances are you have 1 or more of the following problems: bad/weak accumulator, bad brake switch, leaking check valve, bad motor/pump, internal seal leak.

Once you get it running right again, be sure to change your fluid at least once a year. Most just give up on the Powermaster and convert to vacuum or hydroboost.

Back