87 GN for sale

bullet87

Just testing the waters, but I think for the right price I will sell.
My 87 Buick has 177k origional miles with a clear title. I think that I am the third owner. I have had this car for six years now and with deployments and gas prices I might have to let it go. The car needs to be repainted due to a horrible past paint job and some minor dings. List of major mods is in my sig, but below are some more.
mild cam, refreshened heads with hard parts. 70 mm throttle body and portted dog, battery tray in the trunk, but battery was relocated back under the hood, fiber glass hood, trunk, and bumpers. New carpet and front seats, back seat is perfect. intake temp, boost, tach, oil pressure guages. Direct Scan, Max effort 16 pos system, caspers volt booster, A/C box removed, but mojave heater installed, New Mass Air, New Precision P61 Turbo, Turbo Saver with braided lines, sumped gas tank, aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with in line fuel filter and braided feed and return lines from tank to rail. This includes all AN fittings. Refreshen 200R4 tranny, Precision Front Mount intercooler, 3inch Mass Air Pipe, 6" KNN filter, 325/50/15 BFG Drag Radials with 10" Cragar stars on rear and pro stars 5" in the front, Moded ECM, 83 lb Seimens injectors, Max Effort chipped, fuel pressure regulator, Aluminum dash and console inserts, Alarm, tinted windows, trans cooler, with braided lines and quick dissconnects, Delta gate with 3" Terry Houston Down Pipe, Stainless Steel 2 1/2 dual exhaust.

If I think of more I will add.
What do you guys think this is worth?

still wondering. I have been out of the game for 17 months, so I forgot how much stuff is worth.

Engine too, holy cow!!!

I also have a build short block still waiting to go in at Anderson Performance in Maryland. I beleive it is the standard 30 over with 2 main caps, balanced internals and all of that. If someone is interested I could get the rest of the specs on the motor. I will try to post pics of the car today.

Here are some pictures I took tonight. She needs a bath, but these will give you guys a ideal. ;)

Attachments

• DSC00825.JPG
    DSC00825.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,071
  • DSC00826.JPG
    DSC00826.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • DSC00827.JPG
    DSC00827.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,078
  • DSC00828.JPG
    DSC00828.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,111
  • DSC00832.JPG
    DSC00832.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,179
It really boils down to how good the paint job is and how fast it runs. Without a/c, I would expect your car to run high 10's, but I see you don't have a cage. That's problematic trying to run like that at a local track.

shoot me a price in email if you want. jnguyensmu@gmail.com

Thanks,
John

It does need light body work and paint. I had a eight point cage in it, but it turned more into a daily driver than for track use. Ive had it about 5 years, but I have only taken down the track probably 4 times. The motor is a strong motor, but there are alot of miles on the rings and the bearings. I've never changed the pistons, rings, bearings or crank. Everything else is fairly new down to the camshaft. This is why I'm adding the shortblock into the deal, if wanted.

Careful there...if you sell to John, it will end up with a Stage II in it and running 8's by the end of July :biggrin:

Shoot me a price, and I PROMISE I will not put a Stage II in it...till August :cool:

Erik

efred@gt.rr.com

I've been on the "just say no" program. I don't think i'll build a faster car than my old car until 2 more promotions from now. Can't afford it until then.

Bullet87 good luck on your sale. I'd be interested in something with really good paint (to forgoe painting my own car).

I would probably ask 10k or so without the other motor. If you want the other motor too, that cost me $3600 and is still at the shop with all the receipts and work that was done to the short block. If you want me to throw in a brand new set of T&D roller rockers 1.65 with retainers, shims and springs (all in the box) that will be another $750.00. I still have the receipts for those too. Im am still on edge about selling the car, its has been good to me, but with deployments and all I find it hard to find the time for it.

I've got about the same setup, and looking to sell for around 10k then Wilma (hurricane) caused a bunch of scratches to it, so I'm hoping to get $8-8.5k, plus my $1500 insurance check.