You can type here any text you want

87 t-type wheels, center cap options?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

devildog214

I bought a set of t-type wheels for my non-buick gbody =]. Anyway im looking for a set of centercaps that would fit these wheels, preferably something with no logo. I found a few firebird centercaps but they seem to fit really loosely, would they fit better with the retainers or no? Also kirban sells centercaps to fit their repro GNX rims. But will they fit the t-type rims, since the GTA's have the same diameter center?

I bought a set of t-type wheels for my non-buick gbody =]. Anyway im looking for a set of centercaps that would fit these wheels, preferably something with no logo. I found a few firebird centercaps but they seem to fit really loosely, would they fit better with the retainers or no? Also kirban sells centercaps to fit their repro GNX rims. But will they fit the t-type rims, since the GTA's have the same diameter center?

I cheated with mine.. I went to JC whitney and bought set for the 79 to 82 camaro. To me they are way better styling than the TT centercaps and a lot less costly. $24 is what it cost me for set & $12 for Tri sheild logos. They have been on 5 years now.

If I can get a close up photo I will post for you.

Cant help you on the kirban ones but I am sure Dennis or his staff could answer for you.

yeah i was looking at repro camaro centercaps as well, they even came with retainers with some sellers, did you use retainers or no?

I cheated with mine.. I went to JC whitney and bought set for the 79 to 82 camaro. To me they are way better styling than the TT centercaps and a lot less costly. $24 is what it cost me for set & $12 for Tri sheild logos. They have been on 5 years now.

If I can get a close up photo I will post for you.

Cant help you on the kirban ones but I am sure Dennis or his staff could answer for you.

Post a pic old man.:biggrin:

Here's a picture from another board member I got a few years ago and hosted the picture for him in another thread, same topic.

I think they are available at Jegs or Summitt.

Do a search under T wheel center caps. and hopefully the old thread with part numbers will show up. :cool:

buick_parts_172.jpg

I run Corvette re-pops on mine, They fit tight and the price is right. I have a chorme set and a black and chrome set.

What are they? Got a pic?

John,
I think they are 77-81 centers.... I will snap a picture for you in the next day or so and post it up. I'm very happy with them! Also on a side not while I have you :D do you still sell vaccume conversions?? I need to get one for my T

John,
I think they are 77-81 centers.... I will snap a picture for you in the next day or so and post it up. I'm very happy with them! Also on a side not while I have you :D do you still sell vaccume conversions?? I need to get one for my T

Don't go crazy getting a picture on here. I was curious what that cap option looked like, as I'm sure were others. On the other matter ........ ;)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/330851-complete-vacuum-brake-swap-kit.html

Back