87 turbo t w/ 2,000 miles possibly for sale

mikec1969 said:
70 Mach,
Why don't you look at Twin Viper's GN? It has 13K miles and is supposed to be mint. He'll take 21K before it hits BJ. That's a fair deal. It should do 25K when it hits.

It is a consideration if the GN I am looking at in the morning doesn't pass muster. I had already commited myself to the owner if this looks as expected. I didn't know he would sell until after I made the deal.

If I do finalize this one tomorrow, I'll be at B-J watching the GN and then on Friday I will watch Twin bid on the GNX.

Not slighting anybody or anything here, but isn't the Twinvipers GN somewhat modded? I did hear somewhere that it is a beautiful car.

How about some more details about the car including options and interior color? Got any pics? As a potential buyer I would like to see the car and learn more about the details. Thanks.

My $.02 worth - -

This past July, I bought an '86 WH-1 off this website and paid the owner his reduced asking price of $15,000. It is still viewable as car #3005 on about page 21 of the cars for sale archives. It was running on 5 cylinders at the time, but the 9174 miles checked out as correct. It is my 7th T Type.
I've since returned it to almost stock, replacing the FMIC with a stretch and going to stock wheels. My **** appraisal was still under $20,000 which is realistic and proper. I don't feel like selling it period since I looked for a T Limited with 45/45 leather seats and low miles for years. I'd still buy a decent Limited if one cropped up , but not for $25,000 or more !
My guesstimate for this car would be in the $20,000 range based upon what a couple of others sold for with 6,000 miles and 13,000 miles went for early last year. Best Wishes to you ! Enjoy the car; drive it - -! :smile:

Like I have always said....There are those of us who drive Buicks, and those who wish they did!!!! :biggrin:

Personally I liked when these cars were cheap and you could pick up a relatively low mi GN for 12-15k and a GNX for 25-35k :biggrin:

Now I'm almost afraid to drive the GN because its worth more and easy to steal :( and stock parts have also skyrocked.

BJ has fu$ked all the older car market up for us middleclass folk with these Millionaires buying muscle cars for stupid money, why can't they just stick to their Porches and Ferrari's.

GN's will always bring more $'s because of their reputation and being better looking stock-stock in most people's opinion, only us Buick people see the T's Ttypes just as if not better looking as the GN's.

CHARGED said:
Personally I liked when these cars were cheap and you could pick up a relatively low mi GN for 12-15k and a GNX for 25-35k :biggrin:

Now I'm almost afraid to drive the GN because its worth more and easy to steal :( and stock parts have also skyrocked.

BJ has fu$ked all the older car market up for us middleclass folk with these Millionaires buying muscle cars for stupid money, why can't they just stick to their Porches and Ferrari's.

GN's will always bring more $'s because of their reputation and being better looking stock-stock in most people's opinion, only us Buick people see the T's Ttypes just as if not better looking as the GN's.

Exactly. :mad: Craig Jackson is the Anti-Christ to the car hobby and should be dealt with accordingly. 98% of these well-to-do pricks on there bidding would not know an oil filter if it was put up there rich asses! :eek:

Did anyone ever get pics or price on this car? Is this just another "pie in the sky" car deal? I'm still interested if not.

just a thought

Do we buy these cars as a toy or as an investment or both? To me is to have fun and stress releiver of daily BS, if you sell a car for a profit you might think you made money on it (maybe a little) but in reality if you add everything you put in it ( insurance, add ons, maintenance, stress of worrying if it gets keyed or stolen, not driving it, etc....) you are lucky to get even or made a little. These Buicks are the best bang for the buck in the automotive world it should be modified correctly for performance and safety (brakes and handling)and then drive it really hard and have fun, just look at the faces of other people that drives supposed to be fast cars you have blown away on a daily basis, PRICELESS!!! for investments I'll go with real estate and trading market.

bottom line "there is an as* for every seat " :p I got tired of GN's after driving them for 10+ years .. we had a lot of them .. then we went to Ts because I was sick of black cars .. but all mine were drivers that we drove an raced .. I also think GN are goin to stay on top as far as price . personally I like the Limited's ..dammm I am showing my age :eek:

Hey guys my dad decided to hold on to this one . . sorry but ill still get some pics up when i get a chance . . but if any one know where a low mile white or gunmetal t is with blackout trim i have a 87 well documented ttop gn w/ 17k miles that id be willling to trade for the right car but it must have close to same or lower miles

It is what you want and what you will pay, I have a 87 GN hardtop and the guys around here say they wouldn't want it, To clean, It has 7,000+ miles

1quicksix - Are you in N. Carolina? Are you going to the Grand Run next week in TN? Let me know if you get a price on the either of your cars as I am very interested. Thanks.

i seen gn's go for 35 grand before. though, i think that t should bring at least 25, rarity has ZERO to do with turbo regals. period. ive seen hot air gn's in great condition and low miles go for 6 grand. and those are the rarer of the black bricks. its all on whos lookin at it. theres no true way to estimate what its worth, cuz when i watch Barret jackson, i see mint low mile '57 chevys go for 10 grand, and stupid lookin old pickup trucks go for 20. I seen super rare cars go for half of what a 'dime a dozen' car goes for. its all on the looneys that attend that outrageous auction. that car could fetch 8 grand, or 80. you NEVER know with B-J. Id put it on ebay first, then send it over to BJ next.

1quicksix said:
but if any one know where a low mile white or gunmetal t is with blackout trim i have a 87 well documented ttop gn w/ 17k miles that id be willling to trade for the right car but it must have close to same or lower miles

I have EXACTLY what you're looking for.....PM me if you're interested. 86 Ttype hardtop, 16k miles, gunmetal gray. Mint!

If the truth be known, none of these low,low mile cars are worth more than $25k. Plus you have lots of problems w/ low miles. The GNX for $100 k is crazy! :eek:

Think about what $20-25k can get you as an alternative? In the form of a true investment.
For $30k you can buy aan 02-03 ZO6 vett. Twice the car the buick turbo is.

I know, I know; but its an investment. :rolleyes: Its all about emotions!

For the 2000 mile T, ??????? who knows somebody may give that $30k if they had that same car in high school. With those kind of memories; you know what I'm talking about. :redface:

speed11 said:
If the truth be known, none of these low,low mile cars are worth more than $25k. Plus you have lots of problems w/ low miles. The GNX for $100 k is crazy! :eek:
Think about what $20-25k can get you as an alternative? In the form of a true investment.
For $30k you can buy aan 02-03 ZO6 vett. Twice the car the buick turbo is.
I know, I know; but its an investment. :rolleyes: Its all about emotions!
For the 2000 mile T, ??????? who knows somebody may give that $30k if they had that same car in high school. With those kind of memories; you know what I'm talking about. :redface:
---------------------------------------
Depends on what you mean by low, low mile cars. If you mean Tubro-t's, you are probably correct solely by accident. If you mean GN's. low, low mile GN's have already brought $30K. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and in those cases, someone thought it was worth their $ 30K.
Lots of problems with low miles. Let me know how many low mile turbo Buicks that you have owned, their problems, and the problems that you attribute to low miles, and I will tell you how many low mile turbo Buicks that I have owned and their problems. I will give you first shot at this. You go first.
For $30k you can buy an 02-03 ZO6 vett. Probably less than that. Really.
Twice the car the buick turbo is. How many of these have you owned to make this comparasion? That statement might be open to judgement. I personally think that a turbo Buick is twice the car that the 02-03 Z06 is. 02-03 Z06's will never be the respected icon car that the Turbo Buick is now. A 2K mile turbo-T will not bring 30K realistically, but a GN will and has already, and the Turbo Buick will definitely follow. It's all in perception.

a Z06 is twice the car that a turbo buick is? really now... I think thats all depending on who youre talking to junior. Cuz Ill tell you right now, that if you GAVE me a Z06, id take it on a test drive on my local cruise strip, then sell it, and buy another grand national. and use the rest of cash, to finish all the little mods i want to do with my bmw and my current GN. I could drive my GN to california on a cruise vaction, and be TOTALLY comfortable. Not really so in a low riding sports car like a vette. your back would be blown out at the end of a 1800 mile trip. plus, ive already seen many corvettes/zo6's get beat by turbo regals. and the turbo regals were STILL cheaper overall. its all depending on whos lookin at it...