You can type here any text you want

87GN vs Nissan thingy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
My friend and I decided to go for a cruise in good old Mattoon, IL tonight because my GN will be in the garage soon, very soon. We are just minding our own business running up and down the roads with the ttops off, enjoying the cool air, when some kind of nissan dealio pulls up next to me at a red light. He revved me so I just automatically went to 2000rpms, moments before the light went. As the light flashed green, i pulled an automatic fender on him, just maybe going 3/4 because i knew my 1-2 shift would miss, and it did(damn stock tranny has been almost dead for 2 months, but she still holds well) so I let off for a half-second, put it back to where i had, meanwhile he had almost evened off, and i caught 1st again for almost a half second before it tried to shift again and missed again. Damn my luck as my car backfired something fierce. So, I know i cannot lose this race to him. I punch it again, and it makes a nice firm shift (3rd times the charm i guess). After that i just completely pulled away by 3 car lenghts in a matter of about 2 seconds. We came to a stoplight again, he said, whats that have, a 350? I just laughed and said nope, a v6 and turned off the road. Remember kids... street racing is illegal...

350? They always ask if mine has a 454:eek: . Let me know when you get that tranny fixed. I go over to Charleston dragstrip on occasion. I couldn't get your website to load, is the address correct?

ive been calling for quotes from jimmy's and bowler. Prices dont look the best... sucks bein a poor college student. Ummm... our website got dropped because we really didnt have that fast of cars... mine was the fastest by 2 seconds anywhere around, cept for a completely tricked out stang.

whats nissan was it? cause if it was a 300zxTT the kid just sucks! they are very quick, on par if not better than the GN...it has more Hp, GN has more TQ! guess it depends on da race though.

Honestly, I have no clue. He was quick, I'll give him that, but he had no chance at all, he never got ahead despite 2 tranny slips, but I will give him credit. I do not know my imports at all. Plus, my car runs a 12.8 in street trim.

if it was a 300zxTT the kid just sucks....well was the nissan really nice and sleak? wow 12.8 ???stock?? I thought GNX's run 13.5 stock in the1/4 mile and GN's run 14.2 or so?....good kill man I own a Z they are near untouchable at higher speeds and ok at 1/4s(did a easy 130mph on the highway with the tops on and hardly felt it)

I'm not exactly stock. It kind of looked like a dodge neon now that i think of it, so whatever nissan looks like that...

Hey Robes, Jimmy's rebuilt my tranny back in April. I went for the mid-level rebuild, I believe he charged $940 for the rebuild with a shift kit. He had a stock rebuild for somewhere around the $700 mark. I had a 2800 convertor, tranny cooler and U-joints installed at the same time. Plus he fixed a dent in my drive shaft, all total with the rebuild was $1400. The tranny shifts great, and the 2800 convertor makes a big difference. If you do get it done, I highly recommend upgrading to something over stock internals.

Yeah, that was my big plan for the winter is to upgrade my internals and fix the trans.

huh looks like a neon? every nissan I can think of is relatively flatish?!? Could it have been a 350? they are kinda round but then again how many kids in your area drive 350zs

Back