You can type here any text you want

911 Cabriolet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Looked to be a brand new 911 Cabriolet. Never saw the back of it :), but it had a new nose.

On a really tight-corner entrance ramp this Porsche comes up fast. Clearly he's upset that my old Buick won't take the corner as fast has his car. When it straightens out it's 2 lanes wide, 35 MPH limit. The left lane goes onto Rt. 80 east and is clearly marked "EXIT ONLY" with a big yellow sign. Right lane continues onto where I'm going. There's a few hundred yards before the left lane must exit. I'm cruising along at the 35 MPH limit and I can tell this guy isn't sure whether he wants to toy with me or not. We're both in the right lane. Just before the left lane must exit, he makes his move. Nails it and cuts around. I hit the go-pedal enough to stop his progress with his nose at my LH back tire. No sense in going stupid fast - he immediately realized that he didn't have enough to get around and cut back behind me after crusing along in that white-line-painted never never land. I can't believe he thought he had enough juice to cut around at the last second as that lane was ending. Me nailing it was kind of a d!ckhead move, but so was his passing attempt.

So, we cruise along Rt. 46 - 3 lanes wide but he won't try to pass pass anymore. Get up to a red light and I got first spot at the light - wide open highway in front of me. He preferred, however, to line up behind traffic in the left lane. I take off pretty hard and got way ahead of traffic. Once he realized I was far enough ahead to not pose a threat, he got on it and threaded his way through traffic as I was turning off. He wouldn't even look my way as I took the exit.

The car isn't running 100%, and posts about 700 HP Cobras make me think I'm doing things the hard way with this V6. But it's encounters like that that make me feel good about owning a TR.

Jim

You're not doing it the hard way, you're doing it the smart way. Keep in mind that these 700hp cars are either owned by folks with way much money or way many maxxed out credit cards. In either case, you are ahead of the curve in terms of dollars vs. performance gain.

Back