92 Typhoon

kraus

Well the wife and i are on the look out for a new car so one of the toys must go...The Typhoon lost but it was close loss.. So here is what it is ....

1992 Gmc Typhoon (#20 of 2497 in 92)it is stone stock other then ,intake,intercooler, exhaust,regulator and wheels.It has 104,000 on truck ,35,000 on rebuilt motor,just a freashing up and then reinstall.Everything works a/c rear defrost,cruise ,power mirrors, etc... It was bought in Illinois 3 years ago from the original owner who was visting family there.He drove the truck from west viginia to illinois we looked at it had to have it and drove it home to Wisconsin.EVERYTHING ON THE TRUCK WORKS ,a/c,reardefrost,power everthing etc all works.
My wife drives this thing everyday when weather is nice and we have driven to alot of car shows averaging about 18 in the city and 25-26 on the highway.It is very reliable,so please feel free to contact me with any questions...

the good

Kenne Bell cold air intake,fuel regulator and front mount
3inch cat back

New (less then 1300 miles ago)
windows tinted not to dark but tinted
rear shocks
alternator
battery
Iac
Tps
o2
coolant temp sensor
new rear window shocks
All silcon intercooler pipes and boost clamps
plugs,wires,cap,rotor
Fuel pump (walbro 340m)
Fuel tank and sender
an braided fuel line feed and return from tank to steel connections by transfer case
58 mm throotle body
oil and filter
driving lights
rear speakers (sony)
17x9 Venom bones wheels with 275/40/17 tires all can be rotated anywhere
Touch screen dvd/cd/mp3 player
all difs fluids changed
trans filter and fluid changed

The BAD
paint is chipped hear and there( dam rocks),cowl hood paint is fadded
side of dash was a gauge mounted there that didn't work so three small holes(still have pod that was mounted there for it)

It is located in North Fond Du Lac WI can call me for more info 920 979 6477 ask for mike

I am asking $9,000 obo offer it was appraised when we first bought it for 13,500,and according to blue book in fair condition it is worth 10.
So i am saying it is fair even tho i know it is in better shape then this.So feel free to contact me and make me an offer i understand economy sucks and stuff like this is not going to bring big money.

for those of have no idea about these read and enjoy
GMC Typhoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/KRAUSED1/terri009-1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/KRAUSED1/terri023.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/KRAUSED1/terri022.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/KRAUSED1/terri016.jpg

i have more pictures on request

Clean looking truck! That is what I was looking for before I got my GN:( . I wanted a fast family hauler. Did you ever take it to the track? How fast has it been clocked at? I still have a soft spot for those. Maybe in the near future. I can only hope.:D

Clean looking truck! That is what I was looking for before I got my GN:( . I wanted a fast family hauler. Did you ever take it to the track? How fast has it been clocked at? I still have a soft spot for those. Maybe in the near future. I can only hope.:D

I have never taken to the track thought about it but four tires hooking on a sticky surface makes me wonder what will break.I hav enough problems with a broken gn,don't need a broken typhoon.Besides it is my wifes car so i drive it when we go to shows other then that i am the repair man to keep it running,and in reliable shape.Unlike my gn that i beat on and it broke more then driven.

Man if I had the cash Id be on this! Nice Ty Should sell pretty fast.
Just screaming alky kit and a little more boost lol. Id put in the high 11's and 4 nice nitto drags on all 4 would hook on ice lol. Buddy has one similar and it went 12.02 with no burnout and hooks like a car climbing a tree!

Man if I had the cash Id be on this! Nice Ty Should sell pretty fast.
Just screaming alky kit and a little more boost lol. Id put in the high 11's and 4 nice nitto drags on all 4 would hook on ice lol. Buddy has one similar and it went 12.02 with no burnout and hooks like a car climbing a tree!

I would love to race it but like sad i am afraid to break it being i am tring to sell it.But just how it responds on the street it hooks great.I hope it sells soon i got other projects that are waiting to get in to the space this is taken up.

What is the extent of the motor build? I am pretty local, and may be interested (Appleton,WI). No rust? Do you have the original wheels? Also, more pics would be great. Thanks for your time.

What is the extent of the motor build? I am pretty local, and may be interested (Appleton,WI). No rust? Do you have the original wheels? Also, more pics would be great. Thanks for your time.

Zero rust on body ,the normal surface rust on frame and stuff underneth truck.Do not have original wheels it had vette wheels on it which looked horribl.These wheels were put on this spring along with two tires so could rotat them etc.Motor buil was just new bearings ,rings gaskets etc.nothing extream ....send me an email to send pics to or come look at it trust me pictures don't do it justice...

love the track man. You can get these into the high 10's on good gase and a few upgrades and still be daily driven, go get groceries and take kids to soccer practice. Love it, good luck

love the track man. You can get these into the high 10's on good gase and a few upgrades and still be daily driven, go get groceries and take kids to soccer practice. Love it, good luck

ya thats what made me by it in first place ,i take my daughter to baseball practice,school, shopping etc and still turns heads like wtf was that for people that have no clue what it is.We have been to about a dozen car shows with it this year and taken 8 or 9 trophies with it,alot of people ask what's a typhoon then you get the ocasional oh man i use to sell these or my buddy had one.Lot of intreast in it just nobody come up with money or trades are a ways away...Thanks for looking.