You can type here any text you want

93 TurboTweak Chip + Race Gas?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn87turbo

Recently purchased my GN with a turbotweak chip already installed and I'm not very familiar with these chips. My chip is a 93 chip and I plan on taking my car to the track soon. My question is can a run this 93 chip with race gas and change the timing settings to that of a race chip by pushing the gas pedal? Thats what the previous owner mentioned to me. Any info would help. Thanks.

Yes you can increase the timing for race fuel. You might also have to increase fuel depending on boost level and octane.

Thanks Eric. So I've been reading on how to change the timing on the TurboTweak website. Does the chip reset to the factory setting after turning the car off and then on again? Like if I were to change the timing with the gas pedal, run the car, come back and turn it off, would I have to reset the timing again and repeat the process for the next run? I was a little unsure of this chip because I have been out of the buick scene for a while but seems like an awesome chip once you figure it out. Thanks again, Patrick

It saves the adjustment until the battery is disconnected from the ECM, or the ECM somehow loses voltage due to other problems.

What should I set the timing for if I plan on putting in race gas and adjusting the wastegate for 20-22 lbs. of boost? I think the 93 chip in the car has about 19 deg. of timing, is that correct. I was thinking probably somewhere around 23-25 deg. of timing with the race fuel.

It depends on the octane. 104 octane around 23*, 110 octane around 25-26*. Stock turbo's like even higher timing.

Back