95 SC 3800 mods??

95scpa

'95 SC 3800...
What can I do?
( I have a mandrel bent free flow exhaust, and free flowing air filter.)

Series 1 with the M62, from what I've read, and pictures I've viewed so far...
I measured the pulley diameter at 3" already...:confused:
There's NO "U-Bend" like newer Regals etc..

Are these just forgotten performers?
Or is there an aftermarket for them, even a limited one?
Can I retrofit an M90 + intake onto the Series 1 long block?

I think it's really quick for a larger car...it pulls hard regardless of what road speed.
I'm picking up a BOOST Gage soon...is there a pillar mount that will fit decently, even modded?

Thanx for the reply..

Go to http://www.pulleyboys.com/ They have smaller pullerys for the SC.

Are these just forgotten performers?

Yes pretty much, aside from doin a custom intake and exhuast.

Can I retrofit an M90 + intake onto the Series 1 long block?

Not sure but I doubt it though. The Series ! & II are totally different.

I'm picking up a BOOST Gage soon...is there a pillar mount that will fit decently, even modded?

You may want to try www.domesticperformance.com

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat when I had my 92 Park Ave and mine didnt have the SC so I couldnt even do that. I did do the exhuast and a FAST chip. As a matter of fast I still have the chip if your interested.

Yes pretty much, aside from doin a custom intake and exhuast.
Thanks,:( I was afraid of that, it's a shame too, these cars are pretty quick for their size, great sleepers!.
As a matter of fast I still have the chip if your interested.
My car is OBD II, so I think the PCM has to be reflashed and can't use a chip, is that correct?

Ok, I went to Pulley Boys, and they have Series I pulleys in PLENTY of smaller sizes, all the way down to 2.0"...mine is currently @ 3.0" stock(series I)
I noticed you seem to drop the Series II pulley size by .4", from 3.8" down to 3.4"...Would it be safe to assume the same for a Series I motor???
Which one is recommended for: stock PCM and Injectors etc
Then: What would be a next step? PCM reflash + Injectors + even smaller pulley??
Thanks again bro!..

My car is OBD II, so I think the PCM has to be reflashed and can't use a chip, is that correct?
Yep. You may try Intense Racing or DHP and see if the can do a custom burn for you.
I noticed you seem to drop the Series II pulley size by .4", from 3.8" down to 3.4"...Would it be safe to assume the same for a Series I motor???
Not sure, but I do know the M62 blower has to work harder because its smaller than the M90. You may want to consult Bonnville Club for that. Theres a lot of guy on that forum that have done that.

If you do get a smaller SC pulley get a 180 thermostat, K&N filter,and possibly 1 heat range colder plugs.

put a m62 pulley on an m90?

do any of you know if an m62 pulley would fit on the hub of an m90? I have a 95 riv sc with a seized engine and wrecked up body. If the pulleys would fit, it would be a cheap way to get a 3" pulley for my series 2. Thats about the smallest pulley you can run on an m90 w/o an intercooler -- perfect! I might just have to try that today!

put a m62 pulley on an m90?

do any of you know if an m62 pulley would fit on the hub of an m90? I have a 95 riv sc with a seized engine and wrecked up body. If the pulleys would fit, it would be a cheap way to get a 3" pulley for my series 2. Thats about the smallest pulley you can run on an m90 w/o an intercooler -- perfect! I might just have to try that today!

Correct me if im wrong but my 95 Riv with the series 1 motor has an OBD I computer with the OBD II wiring. So wouldn't your 95 Park have the same exact wiring as my 95 Riv? :confused: But the regalgs (www.regalgs.org) board would be another place I would try and ask your question.

Pardon the shameless plug but I specialize in doing custom chips for the 94-95 3800 SC computers at a very attractive price. Let me know if you need any help.

Correct me if im wrong but my 95 Riv with the series 1 motor has an OBD I computer with the OBD II wiring. So wouldn't your 95 Park have the same exact wiring as my 95 Riv? But the regalgs (www.regalgs.org) board would be another place I would try and ask your question.
Yes, you are correct, my 95 PA has OBDII wiring, but a different ECM or pin-out. I've tried several scanners, and all had to use a special cable for 94-95 models....I'm not sure why, I haven't looked to see if it has a removeable chip or not, but I will.
Pardon the shameless plug but I specialize in doing custom chips for the 94-95 3800 SC computers at a very attractive price. Let me know if you need any help.
I'd love to get a chip, or reprogram, just want it for a Pulley Boys 2.5-2.6" pulley, and the correct injectors, but I'm not sure what size?#
If you know what size injectors I have and I need, I'll order the Pulley soon, then hit you for the reflash!

95scpa, the 94-95 computers have a removable mem-cal (which the chip is part of). As for stock injector size, I believe they are approx 28 lb injectors on the stock 92-95 3800 Series 1 SC engines. The series II 3800 SC engines come stock with 36 lb/hr units so you might want to think about upgrading as well.