You can type here any text you want

_What Degree to set the rear too??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNJoe86

Still Stockish
what degree should I set the the rear end to to get the best traction?

Thanks, Joe

Pinion angle is..

what degree should I set the the rear end to to get the best traction?

Thanks, Joe

not a tuning tool. You would use shock settings, tire pressures, ft suspension tuning, etc, to get max traction.
As for an angle, I use 3-4* down on the pinion.
The suspension components, & bushings must be of a good quality, in order to minimize deflection.
I also use the HR antiroll bar, no air bags, [new] stock springs.
On the ft I use the Moroso BBC springs, and adj shocks, no sway bar, stock bushings.
I used the single adj HALS on all 4 corners. They worked well, but I would go to dbl adj shocks, if I was to replace them, or make an initial purchase. [NOT cheap, but adj shocks "git'r done"]
NO SNUBBER!!:eek:

not a tuning tool. You would use shock settings, tire pressures, ft suspension tuning, etc, to get max traction.
As for an angle, I use 3-4* down on the pinion.
The suspension components, & bushings must be of a good quality, in order to minimize deflection.
I also use the HR antiroll bar, no air bags, [new] stock springs.
On the ft I use the Moroso BBC springs, and adj shocks, no sway bar, stock bushings.
I used the single adj HALS on all 4 corners. They worked well, but I would go to dbl adj shocks, if I was to replace them, or make an initial purchase. [NOT cheap, but adj shocks "git'r done"]
NO SNUBBER!!:eek:

Chuck, do you think having a pinion snubber could cause the car to unload under a hard launch? I have had this issue but didn't think about it till now.

GNJoe86: Sorry to hijack: I have my rear set at 3* negative (nose down).

No Chuck

Chuck, do you think having a pinion snubber could cause the car to unload under a hard launch? I have had this issue but didn't think about it till now.

GNJoe86: Sorry to hijack: I have my rear set at 3* negative (nose down).

But yes, I threw mine away years ago. I found that on my car 4 degrees or more negative would cause vibration when letting of gas @ end of run.

Thanks guys, Ok so it sounds like 3* it is then. by the way what is the stock setting at??

Thanks, Joe

Back