_What Degree to set the rear too??

GNJoe86

Still Stockish
what degree should I set the the rear end to to get the best traction?

Thanks, Joe

Pinion angle is..

what degree should I set the the rear end to to get the best traction?

Thanks, Joe

not a tuning tool. You would use shock settings, tire pressures, ft suspension tuning, etc, to get max traction.
As for an angle, I use 3-4* down on the pinion.
The suspension components, & bushings must be of a good quality, in order to minimize deflection.
I also use the HR antiroll bar, no air bags, [new] stock springs.
On the ft I use the Moroso BBC springs, and adj shocks, no sway bar, stock bushings.
I used the single adj HALS on all 4 corners. They worked well, but I would go to dbl adj shocks, if I was to replace them, or make an initial purchase. [NOT cheap, but adj shocks "git'r done"]
NO SNUBBER!!:eek:

not a tuning tool. You would use shock settings, tire pressures, ft suspension tuning, etc, to get max traction.
As for an angle, I use 3-4* down on the pinion.
The suspension components, & bushings must be of a good quality, in order to minimize deflection.
I also use the HR antiroll bar, no air bags, [new] stock springs.
On the ft I use the Moroso BBC springs, and adj shocks, no sway bar, stock bushings.
I used the single adj HALS on all 4 corners. They worked well, but I would go to dbl adj shocks, if I was to replace them, or make an initial purchase. [NOT cheap, but adj shocks "git'r done"]
NO SNUBBER!!:eek:

Chuck, do you think having a pinion snubber could cause the car to unload under a hard launch? I have had this issue but didn't think about it till now.

GNJoe86: Sorry to hijack: I have my rear set at 3* negative (nose down).

No Chuck

Chuck, do you think having a pinion snubber could cause the car to unload under a hard launch? I have had this issue but didn't think about it till now.

GNJoe86: Sorry to hijack: I have my rear set at 3* negative (nose down).

But yes, I threw mine away years ago. I found that on my car 4 degrees or more negative would cause vibration when letting of gas @ end of run.

Thanks guys, Ok so it sounds like 3* it is then. by the way what is the stock setting at??

Thanks, Joe