You can type here any text you want

A bit confused,....ok with stock injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Greyling

Like the subject line says. I'm a it confused about chipping the car and running my stock injectors.

I'm totally stock right now. Have done all the spring cleaning and the car is running good. I came up with a shopping list of things I'm going to buy/do.

Red Armstrong 93 chip
Fuel pump and hotwire kit
Adjustable FPR
Direct scan
Rail mounted fuel pressure gauge
Home Depot adjustable boost mod

I've been reading a bunch on here and I'm seeing almost all the folks running a chip also have larger injectors.

Won't my stock injectors be ok with this stuff? :confused: How much will I be able to turn up the boost. Gas isn't a prob,... station down the road sells 93.5 octane.

stock injectors will get you in the 12s, but eventually youll want to go faster like everybody else and need bigger injectors. until then they will be fine. its better to have more than not enough. as far as boost just turn it up and watch for knock. youll probably stop at 16 or 17 pounds.:D

Also, my personal opinion it to not bother with a rail mounted fuel pressure gauge. I just haven't seen any last more than a year of real street driving before vibration kills them, and the only way you know they are dead is to remove them and check your fuel pressure with another gauge. Either use a hose and lay the gauge on the driver's inner fender by the master cylinder (wrap the gauge with foam rubber), or just put the gauge on when you want to check things (my preference). Put the gauge on and run your fuel pressure up and down with the vacuum hose off of the regulator and the engine idling. Depending on brand of regulator you will get one psi for every 1/6 to 1/3 of a turn of the regulator screw. Knowing that, you can just turn that much for each 1 psi you want to change, while tuning, and when you are done and have a chance, stick a gauge on to verify where you are. For Red's chip you should probably start at 43-45 psi base fuel pressure (and do the pump, hotwire, and reg before the chip :-)).

Very cool,...

Thanks for the tips,.... this is going to be a great project car!

:)

Back