You can type here any text you want

A/C & Heater Problem... Need Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thepremier

I am trying to figure out what the problem could be with both my A/C and Heater.

I believe the problem with my A/C is that I need to buy a new compressor, but I'm not sure what could be wrong with the Heat. I thought it was just that I needed to put in a new heater control valve, but that did not help at all. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new heater control valve, being that it is not the factory ac delco part, but it is a different brand that is plastic.

When I turn the heat on, the only place where it blows out air is the vents on the top of the dash. There is absolutely no air coming from the main vents located on the front of the dash.

Also when I turn on the A/C, the same thing happens, the only spot where air is coming out is from the vents at the top.

I'm lost at this point, does anybody have this same problem, or know how to fix the problem?

Thanks

It sounds like you have no vacuum to the control head.

Along the firewall, there are 2 vac lines. One goes to the heat control valve you mentioned, the other goes to the vac source which is a check valve near the driver side valve cover. Verify vacuum there, and follow inside car (behind glove box door) to control head.

The default position (no vacuum) is: air directed to floor and windshield, heater valve open to allow heat.

Occasionally the vac link to the control head can come loose where it runs through the firewall. If you can pull it loose it's needs to be reattached. You can get to it under the dash.

Either that or the vac switch in the control head is bad

Back