You can type here any text you want

A couple Questions from a newer TTA owner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

1. What type of brake pads do our cars work best with and what is the part # and where to find them. I also read somewhere that these are the quick change pads. Like 30sec or something crazy. Is there a web site that explanes how to do this or are they just like regular brakes.

2. When installing new tranny fluid is there any special way yo do it or just add 3 quarts and start the car, then check it and add untill full?

3. What Subfram conectors will work with a ATR down pipe? I believe this is what I have. I see a lot of info for the THDP but nothing for the ATR one.

Thanks Anything will help I am slowly learning.

Brake pads I would use raybestos ceramic. They're quiet and low dusting.Put a set on my car love them. Not too sure if there is anything spectacular about the quick change deal. Don't have the answers to the other ?'s but definately try the ceramic pads!

Originally posted by GTABurnout
1. What type of brake pads do our cars work best with and what is the part # and where to find them. I also read somewhere that these are the quick change pads. Like 30sec or something crazy. Is there a web site that explanes how to do this or are they just like regular brakes.

2. When installing new tranny fluid is there any special way yo do it or just add 3 quarts and start the car, then check it and add untill full?

3. What Subfram conectors will work with a ATR down pipe? I believe this is what I have. I see a lot of info for the THDP but nothing for the ATR one.

Thanks Anything will help I am slowly learning.
Go to autozone get the performance friction pads.

When you drain the fluid youll need to add close to 4 quarts and then check it and add untill full or slightly overfull.

Youhave a MEASE Performance DP. not sure which SFC would work, but Global west are a good place to start.

Phil

Corvette uses the same brake pads as we have..... just in case if they tell you at Aoutozone they don´t have them.......

Hope you changed the wheels on your car or you'll be cleaning the ones you got daily!!!!I had a set of perfomance friction on my GTA and could'nt keep the factory ones clean. Don't take this wrong it's entirely preference. The perfomance friction stop good but make alot of dust.

Performance Friction Z-Rated pads... Best stopping. They DO dust but well worth it!

I used the Z pads on the road course. No fade at all, great stopping.

Bob

anyone hear of breakdust covers??

i put some on my regal and painted them satin black and you can hardly tell...

i would think this would be a good investment with a car with those honeycomb wheels or whatever they are called... i can imagine cleaning would be a pain in the rear

Back