You can type here any text you want

A couple races for my GN the other day...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
On the way to class Friday afternoon, this brand new Acura NSX gets in front of me coming out of my town and onto a 2 lane highway. He sees me get on his ass and he keeps reving letting me hear his annoying exhaust notes (lawn mower style). He gets stopped at a light and I hurry up and try to line up with him since the other lane was open...

Well I heard him rev as I was inching near him and the light goes green and he just guns it while I take off normal just wanting to see if he really wanted to race. So then I kick in the boost and get right on his ass and I follow him for a couple miles on the highway. Finally I decide to flip on the turn signal and blow right past him letting him hear the turbo. I had my windows down and I could hear him shifting through the gears (6-speed). He got caught in front of another car but I got way ahead passing cars left and right. He finally catches up to me later on passing the cars as well and he is coming really fast on me in my mirror behind me.

So I said to myself "let's put him away once and for all" and as soon as he got near my ass I floored it from 55mph and and I heard him floor it and I didn't let off until 120 mph. By then he was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back there and then he must have got pissed and turned off. I had never even heard of these cars until I looked it up on the internet.

They have 290 horse V6 non-turbo and a 6-speed manual trans. Guess how much they retail? $90,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke! I can have a Viper for less than that!!! The sad thing was...this kid driving it looked no older than 16!!! Boy did I feel good showing him what a waste of money he was driving. And I didn't even have my xylene mix in! I was running about 17 lbs of boost when I did all this (with my new chip of course!)

I'd hate for him to have to race me off the line.

Ok. Now on to the night cap. I was coming home from a basketball game by myself and I am cruising all by myself (with my xylene mixture and boost turned up to about 20lbs). All of a sudden I see headlights coming up on me really quick and it was a new Camaro. (by this time I was looking to see if it was a Z28 or a SS)

The dude gets right behind me then switches lanes and just nails it past me and I am going 60 mph and I just let him pass me so I could see which Camaro it was. Sure enough it was a black SS with a chick in the passenger seat. I am all jacked up and know this will be a good race.

He slows down while still in the left lane and I pull up along side of him and his g/f is staring at me and smiling and then he decides to nail it again from 35 mph...

I am thinking OH NO YOU DON'T and I floor it boosting to about 20 lbs and I begin gaining on him and then before I knew it we were at 100mph and I had about 2-3 cars on him and I kept going until 120mph and then I just shut it down while I was ahead because I think he was beginning to pull me.

He went past me and his g/f gave me this :eek: face while staring at my car and I honked and turned off. This about tops all my races so far. I sure did have a lot of fun and can't wait to get this thing tuned perfectly and get some first track times! Sorry kinda long stories here.

good kill! i wasted one of those years ago when i was running low 13's. they are overworked preludes if you ask me and way to much money for what your getting. i'd take a 6spd z06 anyday over one of those. hey nice website you got there!

An NSX is not a =Drag race car. Jump one at 100mph and see what happens, or take on to the race track and see what happens. The guys on the NSX board dont even talk about drag racing. Its not what makes them fun. Oh and they are faster in a slalom that a Z06 or a Viper GTS, and thats comparing a 96NSX to the new ones. I wonder if Acura, errr honda, will ever put a V8 Vtech in one. You know derived from their formula 1 engine:eek:. We would be in Big trouble then

humm boring refinement or balls to the wall acceleration...ya i'd still take a zo6 anyday. nxs=zzzzz.

Originally posted by Kyle F
An NSX is not a =Drag race car. Jump one at 100mph and see what happens, or take on to the race track and see what happens. The guys on the NSX board dont even talk about drag racing. Its not what makes them fun. Oh and they are faster in a slalom that a Z06 or a Viper GTS, and thats comparing a 96NSX to the new ones. I wonder if Acura, errr honda, will ever put a V8 Vtech in one. You know derived from their formula 1 engine:eek:. We would be in Big trouble then

Jump one at 100mph and see what happens? Your joking right?:eek: Did you NOT read this post??? The guys on the NSX board don't talk about drag racing cause there $90K cars don't have enough *alls to keep up to a $30K SS Camaro in a drag race OR HIGHWAY RACE!! Oh......and in the REAL world there aren't to many SLALOM's to be found ON THE STREET!!!!! They DO look "nice" though. BUT not $90,000 nice! ;) Guess that's why ya just don't see more then 1-2 a year though. Sorry....just can't see paying that much for a car that does just one thing well IMO.:D

The words of domeone who obviously does not get on the back roads often and ho has never been in a NSX

An acura is good for one thing and that is road racing.l They Don't have jack!!If there are any NSX cars wanting to race another 90k car just come on down to houston I got one for em to race, just name it well do it!

If I had 90k to plunk down for an NSX, I'd throw in the extra 25 to get a twin turbo 911, best of both worlds, nuff sed.

Refined?, yes, but not enough all-around performer to spring the extra 40 over a Z06.

Who spending $90K on a car cares about the price as compared to the Z06? I mean they are not goign to use wither for a daily driver and they are buying it for one reason and one reason only. To look cool or well maybe just to have something that everyone else doesn't have. Though since the Z06 doesnt look that much different from a regular Corvette to the average man, I weould think the rich guy would not see the purpose of spoending the extra cash to get the Z06 over the regular Corvette.
I agree that I would rather have a 911 Turbo, hell thats the only car I would rather have than a F-body. Though as good as the Z06 is, I dont think I would want one. I dont like Corvettes all that much. THe only one I really like is the 96 Collectors Edition with the LT4.

Have you guys ever heard of a Viper? LOL, It puts shame to any other 90k car. If I had 90k I would by a used viper gts, $50,000 I would do a heads cam package $30,000, Nitorus, and Some slicks and skinnies, and some other stuff, and runn 9.90's and go about 230 for a top speed. Trust me, my dad has a set up like this. It will make nsx's and porsches cry!! I know of one Zo6 that runs 9,s and the guy dumped well over 130,000 dollars into it.
You Could put 90k into a gn(Boy wouldn't that be fun!!)Well That is all I got to Say About that. (Forest Gump)

QUESTION!!!!

How could you spend $90K on a GN? Or even 50K? Shoot, 25-30K will net you a stage 2 GN that runs 8s and might pass as being streetable. Its rediculous to spend 50K+ on a car if you ask me. But then again, I wasn't blessed with that kind of money, so what do I know?:rolleyes:

im sure stan davis's 244mph silver state classic T-type had more tan 30,000$ into it :) think bout it.. 967hp duttweiler twin turbo motor.. a transmission that holds nearly 1000hp, both turbos, the whole car is carbon fiber, all the sheetmetal work and the chromemoly cage, and the simmons wheels, which start at $2000 a set for the 17" street versions, who knows how much his custom full race ones cost.. i dunno how much but i know it was alot! :)

Attachments

• silverstate01.jpg
    silverstate01.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 154
That car(ROCKETSHIP) is freakin' BAD A$$!!

(major drooling at the moment)

I had the in-car video of him hitting 230 mph on my other computer before it died on me(READ: you have never seen a speedometer needle move so fast in your life!!!). Yea, its got a lot of money into it, probably in the $50K range, but any car that has DUTTWEILER in the same sentence with it is gonna be bad to the bone. Still did not spend $90K, though, I'm sure.

A nsx is your typical honda ..290hp at crank...why not look up its torque rating................need i say more. Now drop a Turbo6 back there and fix all of Honda's problems in one move ;)

Back