You can type here any text you want

a few kills at the drag strip BONE stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KillrV6

Former owner
took my 160k mile BONE stock 87 limited to the drag strip today and made about 5 runs. in the process i lost about twice and won the other races. this is how i did.

first good run in the 14's, i was up against this green midsize thing. it was like a 67 buick or some kind of midsize v8. i launched ok w/ a 2.2 60 foot time on street tires. i pulled hard and ran a 14.8 to his low 15.

2nd good race in the 14's i was up against a hot chick driving a burgandy 96 firebird formula. she had a few bolt ons under her hood, a strut tower bar, MTI intake, and some kind of exhaust. man she was hot. in some kind of racing team called "REDLINE LADIES" :o i want one!!! lol any wayz, i launched hard and burned her ass. she ran a 15.0 and i ran a 14.9.

my third and best race, i lost but i came out w/ my best time and a darn good time for a BONE stock 87 TR. i was pared up w/ this dark blue bad ass LS1 camaro on slicks :eek: so i say to my sellf "im gonna get MURDERED". i stage w/o doing a burnout so i have time to get a better reaction time and build a lil' boost at the line. i leave on the seccond amber. cut a .638 light:eek: and got a little jump on him out of the hole. he cut a .610 light, and we were about even until the 1/8th when he started to pull harder, but i kept up pretty good. he ran a 12.6 to my 14.6. i didnt care tho because i was perfectly happy w/ 14.6. @93, 2.2 60 ft

all in all i did pretty good for my first time EVER racing a car at the drag strip. my car was hitting all 15 lbs of stock boost, chirping every gear down the track, and only getting .7 degrez of knock w/ stock regulator, injectors. the thing that slowed me down was my temps.
on my fastest run, beforehand i pulled in imidiatly 2nd in line of a lane that was halted. i was there for a good half hour, my car cooled down to 153 degreez and i ran the car at about 160. this temp drop gave me TWO TENTHS over my other times. w/ a 160 deg stat, coolant change and watter wetter i would be hitting lower 14's.

sorry for the leingthy poast, but im quite excited. my car is finally baselined!!!! TIME FOR MODS!

not bad for a 160k mile v6 sedan :D

Nothing wrong with getting experience. Like you say, now you can work it down and I'm sure you know what you need to do. It's pretty fun, isn't it?

Just remember everything that happened and concentrate on upgrading those first...."we were about even until the 1/8th when he started to pull harder" for example would indicate the need for valve springs and leaving the shifter in 3rd to start with.

So on and so on. You get the idea, you know what to do. I'm happy for you just the same.

Back