You can type here any text you want

a few rear suspension questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

firefighter9219

hello,
i have a 1984 grand prix in which i installed an 8.5 rear from a grand national in it . i put adjustible uppers and boxed solid lowers from sphoon performance in it . i adjusted the pinion angle and such but now the left rear tire is slightly rubbing the frame rail . not all the time though , and just in the front and rear of the rail. i am running a 28-11.5-15 m/t et street . it did not do this when i had the 7.5 in it with the stock arms , is there a simple fix to this . any information you all can give would be greatly appreciated .

You're doing good if you got a tire that size in there with only slight rubbing at times. Aluminum drums are 1/8" thicker than steel drums. If you don't already have them, this may be an easy cure as they will push the tire out an additional 1/8". Looks like you have a race setup, but you don't have longer 1/2" studs? With long studs you can safely run a small spacer. The not so easy cure is to loosen all body bushings and shift the body over so it's centered on the frame. That would be my last option unless you're already doing body bushings anyway ;)

rear suspension questions

hey thanks for the reply , i am leary about running a spacer , but might consider getting aluminum drums for the rear , its just kind of weird that it started after i put in the new rear , and aftermarket suspension parts. i have heard that you can adjust one of the uppers and it shift the rear over , i thought that adjusting them would just change pinion angle , does anyone have input on this .

thanks in advance for your help

Back