You can type here any text you want

A kill or two...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Well I don't make it into this section much to post kills. Though they happen fairly often as I try to drive my Buick as much as possible in the summer as it gets much better MPG than my Denali and is a lot more fun to drive. :-)

About two weeks ago me and my girlfriend were cruising along doing some tuning on my car and I had the boost unusually low at right around 18PSI because I was troubleshooting a boost control problem which happened to be a weak WG Actuator. We were going down the 3 wide section of road in town when I roll up next to a Ferarri 430 being Followed by a Ferarri F355, I instantly start smirking and my girlfriend tells me to leave them alone as we are in the middle of town. I take her advice into consideration as I roll up next to them on enough boost to hit the blow off in their ear. The guy in the 430 is a complete nancy and does not even look (Ran into him 2 weeks before in the LSx Monte SS and he would not play at all) but his buddy in the F355 instantly snaps his neck to look over. He bites and dumps a gear to play, being a Ferarri he takes the first on ramp to get on the interstate thinking he will eat my lunch.... Well that didn't work out so well for him after a pull on the on ramp and several on the interstate I pulled several cars on him both times! lol Then the unexpected happened, he rolled up next to me and smiled and gave me a thumbs up and a wave as we took the next exit!

Next memorable one happened last weekend while I was in Wisconsin Dells, I headed up there to do some camping with some friends from highschool.. While headed on the main strip in Lake Dalton out of town I rolled up on some guys in a 05'ish CTS-V, I played it cool as I had a friend in the passenger seat and my GN packed with camping stuff, two full coolers, tools, and fire wood (Yes it is a street car and I use it like one!). The guy started rolling on the throttle and I did to a bit. He then stabbed it and I did to which ended with me walking by him. So he slowed down to around 35-40MPH, possible thinking turbo cars are faster on the top end? When he again mashed the throttle I rolled into it about 70% as I have the boost controlled to 10# below 80% throttle as he gets about 2 cars out I put the hammer down and when the car came into 24# of boost it started pulling like a freight train and easily pulled by him on the interstate... They would not even wave or look after getting owned, he probably lost some street cred from his buddy... :-)

,Dan

Thats gotta be a great feeling!!!!!! Embarrasing high end expensive cars with a loaded down old buick? Lol. Not sure that there's anything much better than that

Hey MEAN - did you change turbos with the stroker? What were you running on the old motor and how did you like it?
I sold my .5o cal BMG rifle so I'm FINALLY replacing my old dead SMC alky with Julios (sitting here looking at it) and the old Lubrant alky chip with a TT alky chip. NOW they got me thinking I need a new 6262 or touch bigger turbo (6265?). Comments since your old combo was so close to mine?
Sounds like you might LIKE the new motor ? (grin).

Hey MEAN - did you change turbos with the stroker? What were you running on the old motor and how did you like it?
I sold my .5o cal BMG rifle so I'm FINALLY replacing my old dead SMC alky with Julios (sitting here looking at it) and the old Lubrant alky chip with a TT alky chip. NOW they got me thinking I need a new 6262 or touch bigger turbo (6265?). Comments since your old combo was so close to mine?
Sounds like you might LIKE the new motor ? (grin).

Me and many others can vouch for the PTE 6265. Several guys are running mid to low 10's on a simialr combo to mine.

Mine is the 6265 DBB with the S cover....its the one I was running when I ran the 11.14 in my sig video on my old motor and had more in it. I could have run high 10's on that combo with a little more tuning and seat time, so yes....it will suit you well.
It's proven to be a perfect match for my new motor and combo.

The 6262 is supposed to be a good turbo too, and should spool a little faster than 6265, but trust me......the slight difference in spool time is a blessing....think of it as.....traction control.....:D

You'll spend the same $ weather you go 6262 or 6265.....but I'd recommend the 6265 and if you can manage the expense of the DBB version...go for it...it bolts right up and ever fits under the factory heat shield with a squeeze.

Like the new motor....?
Nah....
I'm madly in love with it....:D

Thanks a bunch. I know exactly what you mean about 'traction control'. This setup I have now (see sig) spools so damn quick that in about 1-2 secs from hammering it after easing away from a light, it would light up the tires. These new 295 55's seem to have stopped a lot of that - they HOOK. I used to laugh at those that complained about turbo lag and always thought HOW do I get some HA HA
I'm finally upgrading the 8 year old SCM alky kit that died 6 months ago (as you can see, I dont drive this much) with a new Julio dual setup. Also got a new TT chip coming. Julio was laughing at my old TA 53 and said the new technology in the same size was so much faster, so it got me thinking. Couple of friends here have 6262 and 6265's with the ported covers. Getting technical here - I gather the 65 is a bigger wheel that will give me more top end power BUT is it to big for the street? I run about 20 lbs but with the new alky hope for 22-24 on the street. So what differences will I see in a 6262 vs 6265 and do I need big boost to see the diff? As mentioned, spool up probably isn't an issue. I really want just a killer up to about 80-100 mph on the street. Too much traffic in FL to really wind things out.
Glad you are enjoying the new motor - sure sounds like a sweet combo.

Looking at your sig the biggest differences between your combo and my old combo is your turbo and heads.....my heads were OEs that had been marginally ported.....and I spooled the 6265 just fine.;)
Its a great turbo.
That said...I think it's only rated about 25HP higher than the 6262, so either way I think you'd be happy.

Back