A little driving fun and surprise

BOP4ever

I drove the Grand National to work yesterday since it was supposed to be pretty and cool.
It was about 35 degrees in the morning and about 65 when I got off work.
I was leaving town to go see my girls try out for the school archery team and when I went from the 40 to 55 speed zone I matted the go pedal on the nice smooth 4 lane pavement leaving town.
It hit 25 psi backed down to 23-24 and really felt good ! I let off about 70 and as a force of habit check the RVM and what do I see, two perfect black tire tracks fading behind be on the road.... I have to admit it was a grinning moment... I slowed back to 50-55 just to see and dropped the hammer again peaking in the RVM and low and behold the black tire tracks appeared till I let off the pedal.... Dang this car is Mr Hyde if its 60 degrees and Dr Jeckle when its 90 outside !! It didn't really feel like it was spinning but rubber on the road kinda says yes it was... Car felt strong, maybe with a better converter it could do better than mid 12's at the track and trap better than 110mph ???

Converter works so great just driving though especially for 300 bucks vs the 900 for a ATI... Still wonder if it would be much difference... My complaint is at the track the car seems to over rev with 26 inch Drag Radials the 5200 rpm shift light came on just past the 1/8 mile point at about 88-90 mph.

I drove the Grand National to work yesterday since it was supposed to be pretty and cool.
It was about 35 degrees in the morning and about 65 when I got off work.
I was leaving town to go see my girls try out for the school archery team and when I went from the 40 to 55 speed zone I matted the go pedal on the nice smooth 4 lane pavement leaving town.
It hit 25 psi backed down to 23-24 and really felt good ! I let off about 70 and as a force of habit check the RVM and what do I see, two perfect black tire tracks fading behind be on the road.... I have to admit it was a grinning moment... I slowed back to 50-55 just to see and dropped the hammer again peaking in the RVM and low and behold the black tire tracks appeared till I let off the pedal.... Dang this car is Mr Hyde if its 60 degrees and Dr Jeckle when its 90 outside !! It didn't really feel like it was spinning but rubber on the road kinda says yes it was... Car felt strong, maybe with a better converter it could do better than mid 12's at the track and trap better than 110mph ???

Converter works so great just driving though especially for 300 bucks vs the 900 for a ATI... Still wonder if it would be much difference... My complaint is at the track the car seems to over rev with 26 inch Drag Radials the 5200 rpm shift light came on just past the 1/8 mile point at about 88-90 mph.
Cool!

Sounds cool. Amazing how much 10-20 degree drop does for the fun factor.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I first turn upped my GN it felt like it was stronger at part throttle than wide open. I messed around for awhile trying to figure it out until one day on some fresh new pavement I matched it and found out why. The same black mark phenomenon your dealing with. Drag radials brought back the full throttle power.

My complaint is at the track the car seems to over rev with 26 inch Drag Radials the 5200 rpm shift light came on just past the 1/8 mile point at about 88-90 mph.
you do realize that's like 20% slip?car will never backhalf like that.inmo your car should run 11's at 25psi.a 28 inch tall tire and a tighter converter will get that car really movin