? about my 1/4 mile times

JDSfastGN

I was curious to see what ya'll thought about my cars topend. On my quickest run of 11.66 i ran a 7.41 at 93.4 in the 1/8 and ran 11.66 at 115.2. So I only gained 22 mph. I'm not locking the TC and i have a low timing (19*) street chip with 22 psi max that i run on. Is it where it should be with what it has? I ran at an 1/8 mile yesterday in better air and ran my best ever at 7.33 at 93 mph. It just seems odd that when i race similar cars that are trapping 92-94 in the 1/8 they seem to trap 117-118 mph. I have trapped a best of 116 on one run. All these runs were in 90+ heat and 90+% humidity so im looking forward to the fall weather. I just wanted some ideas or reassurance that once i get a race chip and lock the TC that i may see the correct increase in mph. Thanks guys

22 mph may be a bit low but not by more that 1 - 3 mph. I have noticed invreases of anywhere from 21 - 25 mph on a high 11 second pass. If you lock your converter you will probably pick up the "missing' mph.

thanks man, that was what i was hoping. BTW is your time in the sig corrected to sea level or did you run that at 5600? I'm guessing its corrected because if its not, thats a low 10 at that altitude lol. Good time though.:D

I always pick up mph when I run a little more timing on race gas.It burns slower so you have to spark it earlier.

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
BTW is your time in the sig corrected to sea level or did you run that at 5600? I'm guessing its corrected because if its not, thats a low 10 at that altitude lol. Good time though.:D [/B]

It is my actual time. I have run 2 11.56 - one at 113 with a 1.56 60' amd one at 116 with a 1.64 60'. I runa a lot more 11.78 - 11.90 though.

xlr8 thats an awesome time for the mods listed(is that all?) at that altitude, that corrects to somewhere in the 10s( i know altutude doesn't affect us as much as the NA guys). Thanks guys for all the info.