You can type here any text you want

AC Delete Plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87bigcut

For those on here with an AC delete plate what did you do for a drip tray? My car may have to take some rain as my dad's camaro takes garage rights, but no snow. I see one is for sale for 99 dollars which seems pretty pricey.

Thanks,
Joe

Well since most guys that do that mod are more race oriented. I would say that nobody has attempted to retain the cowl piece. I know I didn't. If you come up with a slick way to do it, please share with the community.

I made one out of sheet metal. It won't go into any shows, but it does stop the rain.
P1010032.jpg
[/IMG]

Hawaiian Turbo- that is one sweet looking engine bay-i would like to have something in the future myself!

In your pics- is that a home made alcohol system with the two nos solenoids?

You pay for what you get. Don't know where the finished powder coated pic is right now, this was the prototype.

ae4jtt.jpg

I built an underside bracket for my factory cowl screen. Then I continued the front edge with some sheet metal and brought it right to the corner to make it symmetrical with the other side. Then I put a piece of weather stripping over it to complete the finished look. It may help a little to vent out under hood heat when the car is moving.

Total cost = 0 + time + scrap sheet metal + satin spray paint on the shelf.
IMG_0092 (2).JPG
IMG_0096 (2).JPG
IMG_0109 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Cosmetic is coming, just the lay out
I built an underside bracket for my factory cowl screen. Then I continued the front edge with some sheet metal and brought it right to the corner to make it symmetrical with the other side. Then I put a piece of weather stripping over it to complete the finished look. It may help a little to vent out under hood heat when the car is moving.

Total cost = 0 + time + scrap sheet metal + satin spray paint on the shelf.View attachment 273301 View attachment 273302 View attachment 273303
That's pretty sharp! !!! Thank you

Back