You can type here any text you want

AC help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I was recharging my AC system and then realized the compressor was not turning on. I found out there is no power at the compressor. Any ideas of where to start looking? :)

2 things come to mind, AC fuse under the dash and the high pressure switch located on the dryer. If you know your system is full pull the black plug off the high pressure switch, take a paper clip and jump the terminals in the plug. If the compressor comes on then your high pressure switch is bad, if it does not come on then it may be your fuse or something else.

Which fuse is under the dash? The only one I saw said AC/HTR. That was for the blower fan. It was good. Is there another one i missed?

You are right, the one under the dash is for the blower motor. I believe there is either a fuse or relay for the compressor somewhere under the hood but I am not 100% sure. Try jumping the high pressure switch and post your results. I am sure there are some AC experts here on the boards that can chime in with some more suggestions.

Back