AC vent heater flapper

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Need some help on this one. I was having a problem with the air coming out of the heater when on vent. Replaced the vacuum switch (thanks Steve) and it helped a little but still comes out the floor. The vacuum ball is good. Go under the radio pod and switch from heater to vent. The flapper moves but there is a space of about 1/2" all around the flapper, and it looks like there was some kind of foam around it at some time. There is also a hole in it that looks that it should be plugged up. Can anyone tell me what their flapper looks like, does it have foam, does it make a connection flush with the sides??? And has anyone ever had this happen to them???? Thanks

Yep

My buddy's GN had the same problem. Not only was that flapper leaking, but the vents were leaking behind the dash. We took the dash apart and sealed all the vent leaks and I made a 1/2" foam flapper gasket for the heater. I glued it to the bottom of the flapper itself. Now his vents blow harder than any GN I've seen, so I suspect it's a common problem. One day I'll get around to doing mine too.

Mike [:)