Accessories/brackets

WH1 85

I have an 85 T-Type than I will begin working on in about a week. I plan on building an 86/87 setup. I have already located a 109 block. Still looking for a crank.

My question is how diffilcult and costly is it to locate all of the little things like brackets, etc. I am doing a frame off, planning on taking about two years, everything new. i know I can get aftermarket turbos, pipes, headers, heads, intakes. I just need to know if brackets, pulleys, linkages are available. And from where.

Thanks for the help.

i did the same conversion on a 84 gn-what kind of brake system do you have power master or hydroboost? most of all the brackets are available used-try trading your unwanted 85 motor parts and in exchange get the brackets and pulleys you ll need,which can be pretty costly if you had to pay for them-i think it cost me atleast about $500.00 to get the brackets and accessories i needed.ic bracket,acc bracket,power steering pump,fuel lines,turbo to engine bracket,pulleys for serpentine belt,ac and brackets with lines,throttle bracket and plenum bracket for linkages,throttle cable cause its longer than 85 s,cruise cable may be different,not to mention headers,crossover,downpipe,alternator,intake with plenum and throttle body,up-pipe,intercooler,intercooler fan,radiator and cooling fan.HTH MATT (ps also tensioner)

i almost forgot-wiring harness,injectors,ecm,turbo and turbo shield. it took me 2-3 months to locat all the parts and im the car started this week-let me know if i can add any further help-matt

Originally posted by WH1 85

My question is how diffilcult and costly is it to locate all of the little things like brackets, etc. I am doing a frame off, planning on taking about two years, everything new. i know I can get aftermarket turbos, pipes, headers, heads, intakes. I just need to know if brackets, pulleys, linkages are available. And from where.

You can start right now posting in the parts wanted section right here. Get the parts while you can. You don't have to worry about checking with that wonderful chevy company, gm. They only make chevy parts.:mad:

Thanks for the help. i just wanted to make sure that the parts could be found. I'm not rich but i'm not really concerned with cost. I'm planning on taking two to three years, and making it show car quality. That gives me time to spread the cost out over time also.

I would also rather buy the parts then to trade my current engine for them. That way I could put it back to a numbers matching car later on down the road. There's no telling what these cars (numbers matching) will be worth in the future.

If someone has a complete list of the little parts I need to complete this conversion that would be a big help. or if someone has these parts I would be willing to buy.

I almost forgot, my car is the later 85, it has the 20 bolt pan and the powermaster brakes. i learned that one week after I bought the car. Brakes went out, $$$. :mad: