You can type here any text you want

Accufab TB ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I don't want to start a vendor bash here.....but has anybody had any luck getting any help from the folks at Accufab?

I bought their 90mm race TB from Precision Turbo for my S2 engine. The throttle lever is all wrong for a Buick application AND it is Welded to the throttle shaft. I send Accufab an email and asked if they offered any other lever and shaft configuration. I get back some two sentence response that basically tells me that they don't care too much about anything that isn't a Ford. I'm on my own.

OK, This is a Buick....oddball stuff. I fabricate my own throttle lever....problem overcome....temporarily.

I buy a Lokar cable to control the new TB and find that the throttle return is less than what you would consider crisp. No real problem with the cable or the TB just not enough spring tension. So I send another email to the folks at Accufab and ask them if the make a return spring with a higher spring rate.

This time they tell me to do it the easy way and go the the parts store and buy a return spring. Well if you were to look at the way everything goes together, that really isn't an option. If it were that easy, I wouldn't have bothered to ask them.

I got a little frustrated with the two sentence replys and told them I would take the TB to Kinsler to have them "fix" the return problem. But I'd have to swallow my pride because I didn't buy the Wilson TB that they recommended. They told me I could take my business anywhere I wanted. Basically they told me to piss off.

If I hadn't already modified the throttle lever, I'd sent this TB back and buy the Wilson TB. I'd buy from anybody BUT them. But I'm stuck with their stuff and the poor attitude they have toward their customers.

I'd like to hear anybody else's experiences good or bad with these guys.
Their stuff looks good, but their customer service leaves alot to be desired.

Dave

Dave,

I've dealt with Accufab for quite some time, no problems with them. Pretty nice people, they do make Tbody's other than the 90 for our cars as well as fuel regulators and other parts. As with just about every other part on our S2 motor, a 90mm Tbody is used by some on a very limited basis and was not designed for our motors. There are mods that will need to be done to use it. Since you purchased it from PT, have you checked with them as to what would be necessary to do to adapt it? We, being the end user, deciding to use a ford product on our motors are responsible for that choice. It would be nice if someone would step up to the plate and make the necessary changes to make the install easier, but I don't know of anyone that has a set procedure to make that happen. I've installed one recently and purchased a ford cable which seemed to word pretty good, had to fab up a bracket to secure it on the intake and also a spring which we purchased from the local parts store. It was a pain, but, again, what isn't when doing a S2 headed motor? Just one of the many reasons I prefer to use Champion GN1 R heads when building a S2 motor. :cool: Good luck with your project, but I don't think Accufab should be the people you should be directing your frustrations at.
By the way, I checked out your pics, very nice looking set up.

Thanks Jack,

I knew what I was in for when I started the S2 project. I am just a little frustrated that the guys at Accufab don't seem to care.

I guess I'm used to running into people in the Buick world (like you, Joe L, Harry H.) who seem to care and are helpful.

DR

Back