You can type here any text you want

Acura gets a dose of reality

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Coming to work this morning I see an Acura......something. It was a mid-size car with dual exhaust. I think it had 3.2 on the back of the car. Anyway, this guy was weaving in and out of traffic basically driving like a jackass. I was in the big block this morning and decided to tame him. We ended up at a red light together. We are both going to the tollway and this is the last light before the tollway ramp. About an eighth of a mile away.:cool: We're sitting at the red light and he starts revving on me. He's revving on ME! I'm not gonna put up with that. Light turns green and I give it just enough throttle to get traction and not spin. By the time we get to the on ramp I am at least 6-7 car lengths ahead of this guy. I get on the tollway and cruise at about 80 mph. About a half mile down the road he finally catches me. He's doing about 100 by now and blows by me. He slowed down after that. He just HAD to pass me! I bet he will go to work and tell his yuppie co-workers how he passed a muscle car. Anyway, Buick maintains it's dominance on the early morning tollway in North Dallas.

Cool story Mark...........Gotta love them ricer-fly-by-stories. Those Acura POS's can't move out of there OWN way. They try to pass em off as performance cars, but the only one's that buy into it don't know jack about REAL performance cars, hence the idiot who try'd you!! :D They'll never learn............:D

lol @ ricer-fly bys...

what was that dude thinking he could take a big block buick...some of these idiots have no clue do they

I know somebody with a new red one. I thinks its an Integra or whatever..sleek looking says 3.2 on the back also. He put and exhaust on it and seems to think its quick. I offered a race between him and either car of mine, He declined. Then he said "I'm thinking of a 50 shot of Nawwsss" So I said I'd still race him. But again He kinda played it off. Honestly, I think they do it just for some kinda image. So what if my Saab looks like some mid 30s single housewife car, It would reck a V-tech. And the Buick. Hell.

Those Acura TL/CL Type-S cars are pretty nice. If only they weren't wrong-wheel drive I'd own one.

I thought looks + cost = speed? He should've waxed your big-block :p Maybe the 455 in the 5200# '73 Electra 225 I had, but certainly not anything done up performance-wise.

And even for their segment I think they're stinkers of cars. I've read "best front wheel drive system anywhere." That's like saying "HARDEST Christian rock song of all time." The BMW and now the Infiniti G35 (and hopefully the Caddy CTS soon) own those cars. Glad you gave him the BEAT DOWN.

an integra type r (oh wow:rolleyes: ) and civic si are the same thing. but the 3.2 cl/tl are basically the same powerplant and drive train, but the tl is a little heavier and a little more luxorious (my cousin was an acura mechanic). i have a friend with an '03 3.2 cl and the week she got it she took me for a ride and was all thinking she was the ****. i took her in the GN for a little dose of boost and she crapped her pants :D

Back