You can type here any text you want

Adapter socket for Pocket Programmer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dthrock

Im getting pretty tired of trying to get the chips in and out of the carriers before and after a burn. Has anyone come up with an adapter that you can just plug they whole chip and carrier into a pocket programmer? I would pay for something like that!

Dave

You still have to take them out of the carriers anyway. How else are you going to remove the window tag so you can erase the chip? and re install the window tag. Can't do all that with the chip in the carrier.

Geez, Dave, always gotta throw a wrench into the works, don't ya??? ;) :p

Heheh, forgot about that one...

Originally posted by dthrock
Im getting pretty tired of trying to get the chips in and out of the carriers before and after a burn. Has anyone come up with an adapter that you can just plug they whole chip and carrier into a pocket programmer? I would pay for something like that!

It takes being good with a sholdering iron,
but you can unsolder the old socket, and then solder in a ZIF socket using a Radio Shack PCB as an adapter.

The adapter Jim pointed out is for quickly reading chips into the memory of the EPROM Programmer. I have a small batch of "samples" that I received from RN years ago for a, uh, project, I was working on. ;)

Back