You can type here any text you want

adjustable control arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

I was wondering if there is any advantage to adjustable control arms? I have pretty much stock suspension, with air bag and subframes.
Thanks
Joe

To my knowledge, it just allows you to adjust your pinion angle.

I thought the Torque arm was what allowed the adjustment of the pinion angle and the adjustable control arms let you align the rear to eliminate dog tracking and the Panhard bar sets the R/L position of the rear (adj. needed if at other than stock ride height due to the angle causing it to be effectively longer or shorter when angle of rod changes)

HTH, pretty sure it is explained by the manufacturers of the adj parts.

I have a set but I just have them set to the stock length. By changing the length of them you can slightly change the angle of the lower control arms, not the pinion angle. I think they are mainly stiffer than stock ones. Also if you mess around with anti squat type kits you can adjust the length to keep the wheels centered front to back in the wheel wells.

An anti squat kit lowers the attaching point of the control arms to the rear end. The LCA's will angle up at a steeper angle to the frame mounts. This causes the LCA's to push up on the frame close to the rear of the car. As the rear suspension tries to lift up on the back of the car (instead of the front) this really forces the rear tires downward. Basically if your car squats in the rear when you launch your messing up. Anti squat kits are pretty cheap and I think are worth looking into.

I say if you just want stiffer LCA's get the regular ones. If you may look into anti squat kits later on then get the adjustable ones so they'll already be there.

HTH: Jason

Postal, I assume you are talking about hte Spohn LCA relocation kit? If so then having both LCA's adjustable would almost certainly be a requirement, otherwise only one is required to correct minor variances in your alignment unless the entire rearend isn't centered in the wheel well.

Back