You can type here any text you want

Adjustable pushrods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Any place that offers a better deal than others? Anyone know what the adjustability of the ones Peracy sells for example
(8.000-9.000 etc.)

3rd time pulling it apart, this getting fun :(

If it's not the oil pan seal, it's the front cover, if it's not the front cover it's having to take the intake off to measure preload :mad:

Yep! The adjustables Pearcy sells are setat the stock length which by thu way varied about 0.003. The adjustability on Pearcy's push rod is 0.250 on either side of the center of thread. You can go a 1/4" either way. The stock rod was around 8.570",

Stock I thought was 8.475??? I'm currently running 8.500's in the motor with the 206 206 cam and it's not right...

I'll get it eventually...

Hope to get a few miles on it by Sept(cool air), FMIC will be on and the dfi hopefully linked up....

Originally posted by trading t/a
Stock I thought was 8.475??? I'm currently running 8.500's in the motor with the 206 206 cam and it's not right...

trading t/a, Here's some info that might help you out on your push rod length for the 206/206 cam.
The stock cam has a base circle of 1.250"
the 206/206 has a base circle of 1.170"
This is a difference of 0.080".
Assuming you are correct on the stock push rod length, this would make the push rods for the 206/206 8.555" which would be an 8.550" push rod so, you are 0.050" short. I don't know what you are using but, if you are using a solid push rod, just change to the 8.550" and be done with it. If you are using the adjustables, just turn the adjusting nut clock wise 2 full turns. 1 complete turn of the nut is 0.027" so 2 turns will give you 0.054" increase in length. Do not expect the rocker to ride directly in the center of the valve stem. It maybe there when at half lift but the design of the causes it to move accross the diameter of the stem, unlike rollers.

I would personally measure the right length and buy a set ... other's are to mikey mouse for me :eek: :mad:

Pushrods are way over-rated :p

:D

Whats wrong with a stock cam?

the only bad thing about a stock cam is that it isn't available from GM anymore :p

Exactly, my time machine has been sitting next to my TTA for a while(to expensive to run) so I can't go back to the early 90's :p

So when the motor was pulled and redone the builder loves the 218-221.5 cams for his tb builds(had many into the 10's). I wasn't a big fan of it. Buddy had a full weight GN t-top with the exact same combo minus the cam(212-212 for him)and smoked me bad. This is the same turbo injecotrs etc.......

Car didn't like the down low pull, but loved up top(great for a highway racer, but not my cup of tea). So I went with the 206 with stock GM lifters broke in, but it's noisy as hell. Can't have that, I hate that OMFG the cam's gonna slap through the block sound ;)

So I got me two adjustable pushrods that measure from 7.775 to 8.775 and I'll check the length that way. I was trying to see if anyone had any other ways of measuring preload with the intake on. Kinda hard to measure the cup of the lifter :( , But anything is possible.......

Back